Main > The Armoury

My Armor kit - Historical Fiction?

<< < (3/14) > >>

Sir William:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2014-02-12, 00:53:38 ---It might not be historical, but I really like that harness. I don't see too many "fictional" harnesses that I can say that about. It's something I could imagine the knights of Dol Amroth from LotR wearing. I'm going to go the classic "Sir James route" and say work on a separate, historical kit if you can. ;) It would probably be just about as expensive to convert that one, and it would be a shame to try to convert it and end up with something that's neither historical nor looks as nice as it does now.

But yes, definitely hold on to that one, because it's just so darn cool!

--- End quote ---

LOL

It really is 'his' route isn't it?  It isn't like I can ignore him, he's my Brother and he's a really nice guy so it sounds all good when he says 'oh yea, split that off and create a new harness,  you'll just need this and this and...' - but beware, good gentles.  ;)

Sir Martyn:
Thanks for all the great feedback, folks. 

Just keeping the discussion friendly, I did have a few photos from my Arms & Armor of the Medieval Knight: An illustrated history of weaponry in the Middle Ages (DAVID & JOHN PADDOCK EDGE) that I thought could have made the argument for historical consideration of some of the harness pieces' inclusion, but am not going to fall on my sword about it :) 

Outside of LH, I take it this harness would still be welcome at Order functions/outings?

Looks like a second harness may be in order - but who's going to explain that to my wife? :)

A 13th century maile kit may be the easiest to procure my then.  Where did y'all procure your rings?

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Gareyth on 2014-02-17, 16:26:45 ---Thanks for all the great feedback, folks. 

Just keeping the discussion friendly, I did have a few photos from my Arms & Armor of the Medieval Knight: An illustrated history of weaponry in the Middle Ages (DAVID & JOHN PADDOCK EDGE) that I thought could have made the argument for historical consideration of some of the harness pieces' inclusion, but am not going to fall on my sword about it :)
--- End quote ---

Which pages? I'll take a look, you have me curious. 

--- Quote from: Gareyth on 2014-02-17, 16:26:45 ---Outside of LH, I take it this harness would still be welcome at Order functions/outings?

--- End quote ---

Of course!

--- Quote from: Gareyth on 2014-02-17, 16:26:45 ---Looks like a second harness may be in order - but who's going to explain that to my wife? :)

--- End quote ---

I think the person best suited to have that conversation would be you. :)

--- Quote from: Gareyth on 2014-02-17, 16:26:45 ---A 13th century maile kit may be the easiest to procure my then.  Where did y'all procure your rings?

--- End quote ---

IceFalcon and GDFB / Kult of Athena. Both tend to have at least some things in stock, both are in the US, and both ship quickly.

IceFalcon is having a 10% off anything in stock sale: http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=168743

Sir Wolf:
muahahhaha one of us, one of us. dude, next to your kit i would feel like a hobo lol i think it's awesome. i really do. not 100% historical fashion for DOK but 100% welcome in the order!!

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-02-17, 17:19:52 ---

--- Quote from: Gareyth on 2014-02-17, 16:26:45 ---Outside of LH, I take it this harness would still be welcome at Order functions/outings?

--- End quote ---

Of course!

--- End quote ---

Most definitely! It is magnificent! :)

--- Quote from: Gareyth on 2014-02-17, 16:26:45 ---Looks like a second harness may be in order - but who's going to explain that to my wife? :)

--- End quote ---

Yes well we do guard each other’s backs against all foreign enemies, however the ‘Domestic’ ones each brother must fight on their own!

;D ;D *Thumbs up* sign!  ;D ;D

– Lord help that poor man!   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version