Main > The Armoury

My Armor kit - Historical Fiction?

(1/14) > >>

Sir Martyn:
So as Ian suggested want to invite debate on whether/how much of my existing harness (made by Green Shield Armoury in Novi sad, Serbia) could be adapted for use in living history. 

Originally I had only imagined using it in LARP, SCA and re-enactment but it would be great also to adapt it for DoK use.

Strikes me the helmet is perhaps one of the more problematic aspects and the form/function of the cuirass and faulds are unusual, but I was hopeful after looking over some of arms & armor books most if not all could be adapted for central Europe, late 1400s to mid-1500s.

Welcome discussion and suggestions on that, will post more pictures soon.

Sir Rodney:
Disclaimer: I’m by no means well informed on your chosen period.

That said, two things jump out at me in the photo of you seated.  The helm seems to be a bit too much on the fantasy side and the footwear needs to be replaced with something more period.

Sir Wolf:
wow i really like your armour. i really do man. it's perfectly put together and it all matches

very cool

but, that being said. it's not historical. armour styles came mainly out of 2 places, italy and germany. the flemish and english did have a style but they weren't as influential as the others

the helemt is off like you said. the breastplate is not the 2 peice as you see in most pictures were the plackart is over the breast. the tassats are designed (pretty cool) but not in any fashion that i have seen. the alms and legs look like they move great, but the fans on the elbows and knees don't follow the fashion.

please don't let that stop you liking or wearing your armour. i think its 100% awesomeness. just not what one could wear to DOK

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-02-11, 12:32:57 ---wow i really like your armour. i really do man. it's perfectly put together and it all matches

very cool

but, that being said. it's not historical. armour styles came mainly out of 2 places, italy and germany. the flemish and english did have a style but they weren't as influential as the others

the helemt is off like you said. the breastplate is not the 2 peice as you see in most pictures were the plackart is over the breast. the tassats are designed (pretty cool) but not in any fashion that i have seen. the alms and legs look like they move great, but the fans on the elbows and knees don't follow the fashion.

please don't let that stop you liking or wearing your armour. i think its 100% awesomeness. just not what one could wear to DOK

--- End quote ---

Exactly my sentiments.

If you really want to go to DoK, I would recommend going the soft kit route unless you want to re-invest in historical armor.

But as Sir Wolf said, that is a sharp kit you've got there!

Sir Brian:
WOW! That is a really fantastic harness! Truly a pity it isn’t suitable for all your interests but it is an excellent harness for a majority of your interests and yet it not being entirely compatible for LH it does leave you an opportunity to expand your armor collection and represent another time period!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version