Main > The Armoury

My Armor kit - Historical Fiction?

<< < (14/14)

AnsalonPaladin:
I in no way want to assert myself as if I'm anywhere near an arms and armor expert like the above men but would just like to slip in here and state I saw you, Sir James, Sir Nathan, Sir Brian, and Sir Edward at the VARF clad in that harness and I was just in love. I'd venture to say none but the most serious of history buffs would fault you for wearing it! While DoK may not find it fitting, I think it was a great idea to allow it to be worn during Order functions just out of its coolness factor. That kind of thing can draw younger folks like myself into seeking to further learn and cultivate their own place in the reenactment societies. I noticed you borrowed a helm to use when you fought in bouts, was that for utilitarian reasons or to better reflect the period?

Sir Martyn:

--- Quote from: AnsalonPaladin on 2015-05-29, 11:53:54 ---I in no way want to assert myself as if I'm anywhere near an arms and armor expert like the above men but would just like to slip in here and state I saw you, Sir James, Sir Nathan, Sir Brian, and Sir Edward at the VARF clad in that harness and I was just in love. I'd venture to say none but the most serious of history buffs would fault you for wearing it! While DoK may not find it fitting, I think it was a great idea to allow it to be worn during Order functions just out of its coolness factor. That kind of thing can draw younger folks like myself into seeking to further learn and cultivate their own place in the reenactment societies. I noticed you borrowed a helm to use when you fought in bouts, was that for utilitarian reasons or to better reflect the period?

--- End quote ---

Thanks very much and appreciate the feedback!  I like wearing it when I can and it's fun to fight in.  I try to make a point of explaining to folks that it is fantasy-inspired and not a historically accurate harness. 

I borrowed Sir Brian's helmet for safety reasons - unfortunately, my helmet leaves too large a gap under the visor for anything but probably just LARP combat :(

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Martyn on 2015-06-01, 14:57:46 ---Thanks very much and appreciate the feedback!  I like wearing it when I can and it's fun to fight in.  I try to make a point of explaining to folks that it is fantasy-inspired and not a historically accurate harness. 

I borrowed Sir Brian's helmet for safety reasons - unfortunately, my helmet leaves too large a gap under the visor for anything but probably just LARP combat :(
--- End quote ---

I would call your helm safe if you added a bevor to your harness. I believe your visor will allow enough clearance for one. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version