Main > The Armoury

Only the best will do, especially chainmail.

<< < (3/7) > >>

Thorsteinn:
Don't forget Historic Enterprises for Maille.

Sir William:
I want to put these guys out there too, I've never handled their maille, but it looks pretty damn good, and I think Sir Gerard knows the proprietor.

http://www.capapie.co.uk

Ian:
I own a variety of maille from Icefalcon, I have a stainless flat ring pin riveted haubergeon, and a stainless flat ring wedge riveted aventail on my helmet.  I LOVE the wedge riveted stuff.  It's so much smoother on clothing and skin and doesn't snag on everything.

I chose stainless because I agonize over the idea of cleaning maille, and it's blackened stainless so it still looks the part.  If I were doing it all again, I would have purchased my haubergeon in stainless flat-ring wedge riveted (but alas it didn't exist when I bought mine).

Aiden of Oreland:
Say I do get stainless, i will probably wear armor over it. Particularly the armor on by-the-sword.com. The full arm armor along with the matching greaves and the gothic gorget. All under arms and armor. And I'd get custom probably 16 for each of them. So how is the maintenance like on stainless maille? To be honest I never have the time to clean my gear.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2013-11-07, 21:35:59 ---Say I do get stainless, i will probably wear armor over it. Particularly the armor on by-the-sword.com. The full arm armor along with the matching greaves and the gothic gorget. All under arms and armor. And I'd get custom probably 16 for each of them. So how is the maintenance like on stainless maille? To be honest I never have the time to clean my gear.

--- End quote ---

There is no maintenance on stainless.  You will want to tailor your maille  if you plan to wear armor over it, and even if you didn't it would make it more comfortable.  We have people that can help you with that.

Any plate armor requires maintenance however, so don't think you're going to get away with a maintenance free kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version