Main > The Armoury

Albion Crecy

<< < (7/11) > >>

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-03-16, 13:39:27 ---
That's his "Seneschal" suspension, right? It looks like it's almost a 3-point suspension, in that it has 3 vertical straps connection in two places. I wish he'd show pictures of both sides so I could see how it attaches.

--- End quote ---

Yessir, that is the seneschal belt. It's what CF recommended when I gave him the time period I was shooting for. It looks very similar to the suspensions shown in the image of the Battle of Poitiers here.  The image dates to 1410 even though the battle was in 1356, but if the suspension was common for 1410 I can at least stretch it to plausibly say maybe for the 1380's since so little is known about actual 14th century sword suspension.  Hey, what's 30 years between friends?  :)

Most of the effigies of the last half of the 14th century just show a longsword magically suspended vertically on a plaque belt. People guess there's a hook suspension attached to a metal throat locket but it's all a guess. There are some effigies that depict a thin sword belt similar to the seneschal belt though and I thought that would be more versatile and more comfortable (and less expensive considering a custom locket and hook would need to be fashioned). I'll get better photos of the actual suspension when it arrives.

Sir Edward:

BTW, how long did Albion take to get your Crecy to you? Just curious what their waiting times are like currently.

The one I have on order is taking quite a long time, but it's also one of the "film swords", which I know are handled differently.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-03-21, 03:08:43 ---
BTW, how long did Albion take to get your Crecy to you? Just curious what their waiting times are like currently.

The one I have on order is taking quite a long time, but it's also one of the "film swords", which I know are handled differently.

--- End quote ---

I placed the order on 26 September of last year, so almost a full 6 months.  Not sure if they've caught up at all, but I understand they were having issues with a supplier.

Sir Brian:
Yep, looks like your Crecy was caught in the same pile up as my Meyer when they were waiting for a delivery of steel.

Sir Edward:

Wow, yeah. When I talked to them back in September, they had been delaying the practice blunts because of the lack of steel, but had so far been keeping up on most of the sharps since they had built ahead on the blades.

When I asked a month or two ago, it sounded like they had just gotten some more steel in. So maybe they're only now catching up? Wow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version