Main > The Armoury

Albion Crecy

<< < (6/11) > >>

Sir William:
I see Mr. Fletcher is up to his usual high standards...that's a great looking scabbard.

Sir Edward:

That's his "Seneschal" suspension, right? It looks like it's almost a 3-point suspension, in that it has 3 vertical straps connection in two places. I wish he'd show pictures of both sides so I could see how it attaches.

Sir William:
Huh, didn't catch that when I first looked at it.  Funny how the mind works- what I saw was the two-strap suspension a la the VA/Atrim offerings for their Signature line.  Looks fairly standard though...you loop the 'holder' belt around the waist belt and the two ends attach to the buckled straps on the scabbard.  If you look closely, you can see how it just wraps around the belt.  Or did I misunderstand you, Sir Edward?

Sir Edward:
There are a lot of 3-point suspensions that have the belt "tail" buckle down as the third point after passing through the main buckle at the front, but as a third separate attachment point to the scabbard itself. Here, it looks the belt tail and one of the other suspension straps attach to the same point on the scabbard, and yet it looks like the normal scabbard "knot", so I'm just wondering how it was tied together there. :)

I like it a lot, I'm thinking of going with the same one for the Talhoffer.

Sir James A:
That's my favorite style. It lets you adjust not only where the sword sits, but the angle it sits at, too. I had a heck of a time at VARF with my double-wrap belt since it doesn't let me adjust the angle and the sword constantly wants to point downward, and the tip hits the ground like that. Nice scabbard, Ian, congratulations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version