Main > The Armoury

Albion Crecy

(1/11) > >>

Ian:
So... It is with mixed feelings that I received my first Albion yesterday.  Don't get me wrong, the sword is a piece of artwork, and lives up to the Albion reputation, it's just not quite what I ordered.  I ordered, and was charged for antiquing on the hilt furniture, and this is also reflected in the invoice I received with the sword.  The sword I unboxed yesterday though, has polished hilt furniture.  I called Albion a couple times yesterday but kept getting the voicemail.  I also sent them an email yesterday with the photo of the sword, but I haven't heard back yet.  I'm a little disappointed, because as you can see in the bottom photo, imho the antiqued guard and pommel adds a unique character to the sword and looks awfully sexy with the oxblood grip, not to mention I waited 6 months for this sword :).  I'm more than willing to forego the whole shipping stuff back and forth process and keep this sword.  My fear is just that they may have sent out 2 Crecy's, one with and one without antiqued furniture and they got mixed up in the boxing process, so I'm afraid to do anything with the sword until I hear back from them so that it remains in 'as new' condition.  Was hoping to get a hold of them prior to the weekend for this reason, but oh well! 

This is what I received:

This image is from the Albion Europe site and represents what I ordered:

Sir Edward:

From what I understand, Albion is usually pretty good about making things right. Odd that they didn't answer the phone, for sure, but my experience is that they sometimes take a couple of days to reply to emails.

I guess there are a few options. They could refund the charge for the antiquing, so you can keep it as-is, or send it back and wait for them to complete another one (or antique this one, but I'm not sure if it's something they can do after assembly).

Mistakes happen, especially when ordering something a little out of the ordinary. Hopefully you'll hear back from them soon!

Sir Wolf:
ya its cool but not what you ordered. they should make it right :)

Sir James A:
Definitely liking the dark hardware. If you want you can send me the sword and I will antique it for you for free. I just need 75 years. I know how you feel. I put a partial payment on a full harness and supplied pics and we came to an agreement. And 8 months later got a cuirass nothing like what I wanted. Wrong style. No tassets. No rear fauld. And looked like an apprentice made it not the 20 year experience armorer. Sent it back but it took nearly a year for a refund. The wait time is killer when the received product is not what is expected. I hope you can get things resolved.

Sir Brian:
Sweet blade, the one I want to own...eventually. Sorry they didn't get the hilt furniture right, but as Sir Edward has affirmed, I'm sure they will make it right. Still, YOU HAVE AN ALBION CRECY! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version