Main > The Round Table

She's a witch! Burn her!!!

<< < (3/6) > >>

Stanislaw:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2014-03-26, 12:22:52 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-03-24, 20:03:38 ---
--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2014-03-24, 00:56:17 ---
--- Quote from: Stanislaw on 2014-03-23, 04:49:00 ---Ah, the dreaded Malleus Maleficarum! Unfortunately one of the most horrible propaganda pieces of the Middle Ages. :( I've studied it a bit in my Medieval Heresy and Witchcraft course at my college.

--- End quote ---

Your college is SO much cooler than mine was

--- End quote ---

Seriously.  I might have studied harder, back in the day, if we had classes about sorcery and witchcraft. ;)

--- End quote ---

Right!  Would've looked forward to going to that class!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that class has been quite enjoyable so far. Nevertheless, our professor actually specializes in Early Modern French society studies. There is one professor at Reed who does handle Early Medieval art and illuminated manuscript studies, though, and I hope to join in on his class the next time that it's offered. Strangely, Reed has an immense amount of such books packed into its library.

Mike W.:
Strangely enough we touched on this document in my History of Medicine class. Now that was one of the most interesting classes I ever took (alongside the History of Entertainment in America).

Aiden of Oreland:
I may look Into that for college.

Mike W.:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-27, 00:41:28 ---I may look Into that for college.

--- End quote ---

Avoid a history degree like the plague. Yeah it's fascinating and fun (and also quite tough deoending on the program), but if you want a job within a year of graduating, you're better off with something else. Many of my fellow history graduates that I know are still unemployed. I got very lucky and only got my job through connections. Liberal Arts are enlightening, but sadly they don't pay off loans and bills.

Sir Douglas:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-27, 01:43:29 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-27, 00:41:28 ---I may look Into that for college.

--- End quote ---

Avoid a history degree like the plague. Yeah it's fascinating and fun (and also quite tough deoending on the program), but if you want a job within a year of graduating, you're better off with something else. Many of my fellow history graduates that I know are still unemployed. I got very lucky and only got my job through connections. Liberal Arts are enlightening, but sadly they don't pay off loans and bills.

--- End quote ---

Ugh...isn't that the sad truth.... :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version