Main > The Round Table

She's a witch! Burn her!!!

<< < (4/6) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2014-03-27, 02:15:51 ---
--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-27, 01:43:29 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-27, 00:41:28 ---I may look Into that for college.

--- End quote ---

Avoid a history degree like the plague. Yeah it's fascinating and fun (and also quite tough deoending on the program), but if you want a job within a year of graduating, you're better off with something else. Many of my fellow history graduates that I know are still unemployed. I got very lucky and only got my job through connections. Liberal Arts are enlightening, but sadly they don't pay off loans and bills.

--- End quote ---

Ugh...isn't that the sad truth.... :-\

--- End quote ---

I already have a sustaining job as a tree worker, great money, hard work, makes me enjoy coming home to a nice stew. I plan to keep this job as long as I can. Plus, I get a good workout in lol. Maybe I like the job so much because it makes me feel like a woodsmen from the medieval era, except with chainsaws and trucks.

EDIT: Booming family business, so I'm not likely to loose this job :)

Stanislaw:

--- Quote from: Baron de Magnan on 2014-03-27, 01:43:29 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-27, 00:41:28 ---I may look Into that for college.

--- End quote ---

Avoid a history degree like the plague. Yeah it's fascinating and fun (and also quite tough deoending on the program), but if you want a job within a year of graduating, you're better off with something else. Many of my fellow history graduates that I know are still unemployed. I got very lucky and only got my job through connections. Liberal Arts are enlightening, but sadly they don't pay off loans and bills.

--- End quote ---

If I may ask, what job did you get?

Mike W.:
Strangely enough I do Software Support.

Sir Edward:

You can always bypass college and become a programmer. :)

Don Jorge:
Yeah my history degree got me a few odd jobs...started innocently enough...

High School History and Criminal Justice teacher...

College Admissions Officer...

Security Guard while working on my Masters...

Ran a presidential campaign office in North Carolina for 2012 Election...

Legal consultant....

Also working on social media and community manager for a political consulting firm on the side...it might turn into more down the road...need to brush up on my SQL and database management.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version