Main > The Round Table

What would you have been in the medieval age?

<< < (5/15) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Well, Quarantillo (my last name) is small group of forty in Italian, which probably means my ancestors got their name for leading a Condottierro (Italian Mercenary) force of 40 lances. So anytime about the 14th and 15th centuries, I'd be in or leading a force of men-at-arms about central Italy, fighting for the various City-states. (Barring the whole diabetes thing, which would put me under in under a month or so)

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-09-09, 12:17:58 ---
--- Quote from: Lord_Dane on 2012-09-09, 10:49:53 ---Absolutely would have been a "Sovereign Lord" as I would use & abuse my vast knowledge to my own advantage to rampage & spread my tyrannical oppression across the realm. Defeating all who dare defy me with the most heinous methods of torture. Defiling all women of their honor by any forceful means of seduction in order to satisfy my lustful needs ensuring I have a land of bastard children with them all.  :P

--- End quote ---

Uhm, yikes?

--- End quote ---

GOTCHA!!  :P Seriously, my family surname "DePaolo" is very Italian. I would imagine I would be working the family fields of the vineyards of northeastern Italy (Veneto) or northwestern Tuscany region (around Genoa or Piedmont) as my relatives do to this day. Anyone want a brand name cava?? pinot grigio?? Although I would imagine my family had a good noble life in each of their principalities as they were self-sustaining with the family lands even during the middle ages.

I would have been more suited for something in a 'service' role to the state. Whether military or something associated.

Sir Sorbus:
Heritage-wise, I'm so multicultural that I myself wouldn't have existed, being English/Irish/Hungarian/Croatian/Something else.
But going off of family histories, my deep-rooted English side, the Strettons, were primarily guards of Nottingham, so that's probably where I'd be were I one of my English ancestors. My Hungarian/Croatian side is of gypsy origin, so that would likely be the case there. I'm not sure on Irish medieval history, so I'm not sure about that side. My final quarter is pretty much unknown. Noone knew where my grandfather came from to the day he died, but it was suspected he might have been Jewish.

merc3065:
Heritage wise I would have been military or of the religious persuasion.

My dad was military (retired 43 years active service) so I would be entitled to his rank at some point.
Religious because somewhere along the lines on my dad's side there was an Ayatollah in Northern Asyria, that and his mum's parents were from Northern Asyria (Lebanon).

Dad is also a Member of the Order of St John, so I'm sure that's something interesting to go by.

I work for the military as a public service member so pretty sure military life of some sort for me.

Thorsteinn:
In that period of time I would be very very dead.

See I was born with a lethal birth defect. ;)

Other than that I believe I would have been part of the middle class IIRC my family was involved in business in Russia for many centuries.

In Ireland I would have been a Farmer.

My SCA personae is of a descended Scandinavian Rus who "trades" along the Volga River.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version