Main > The Round Table

What would you have been in the medieval age?

<< < (15/15)

Sir Edward Oldwall:
If I were to have my modern personality and opinions on life then I would undoubtedly be an heretic in the medieval world. Yep, that would be my lot in life.

Sir Dimitry:
Mercenary... I doubt I would have been noble.

Sir Rodney:

--- Quote from: Sir Dimitry on 2015-08-07, 21:55:48 ---Mercenary... I doubt I would have been noble.

--- End quote ---

I chose to represent a mercenary as well more than 20 years ago.

My understanding and representation has evolved over the years due to internal conflicts with the local establishment.  These conflicts seem to ebb and flow, and recently disappear altogether.

The one thing that has never changed is the proverb “actions speak louder than words”.  My SCA unit hires on with a knight or other dignitary at the beginning of an event (ceremoniously only, no fee or gift has ever been accepted).  For the entirety of that event our Captain takes orders from the Sponsor (and the Sponsor only); we take orders from our Captain, without exception.

I find simplicity, elegance, nobility and honor within this arrangement.  I suspect it’s not too dissimilar to mercenary arrangements in the late 14th to 15th century Europe.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir Dimitry on 2015-08-07, 21:55:48 ---Mercenary... I doubt I would have been noble.

--- End quote ---
you could form a lance. Hence the Term Free- Lancers
Im pretty sure a lance, is a man with a longsword, a man with a pole axe, and a man with a lance on horseback.

Sir Dimitry:

--- Quote from: Naythan on 2015-08-18, 19:54:27 ---

--- End quote ---
you could form a lance. Hence the Term Free- Lancers
Im pretty sure a lance, is a man with a longsword, a man with a pole axe, and a man with a lance on horseback.

--- End quote ---
|

I do already have the horse... and the lance...  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version