"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect."
                -- Carl Von Clausewitz

Author Topic: Teutonic Knight Kit. 1370s Flavor!  (Read 30290 times)

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • "Nobiscum Deus" "Libertas ad omnes civitates"
Teutonic Knight Kit. 1370s Flavor!
« on: 2011-07-22, 00:28:41 »
Here's my Teutonic Knight Kit in it's 1370s mode, with the plate.
(it's definatly a Maille-Geared kit, tight with the plate)
I'll post pictures of earlier flavors when more stuff arrives. By the end of this the kit should work from 1260 to 1410 (with mixing and matching of the pieces)
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
Re: Teutonic Knight Kit. 1370s Flavor!
« Reply #1 on: 2011-07-22, 00:30:04 »
More
"The maximum use of force is in no way incompatible with the simultaneous use of the intellect." -Carl Von Clausewitz
"He is truly a fearless knight and secure on every side, for his soul is protected by the armor of faith just as his body is protected by armor of steel." -Saint Bernard of Clairvoux

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #2 on: 2011-07-22, 00:31:30 »
And more

Sir Wolf

• He Who is Not to be Named
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • i have too many hats
    • man e faces
« Reply #3 on: 2011-07-22, 00:44:05 »
woah that is so cool man.

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #4 on: 2011-07-22, 01:12:55 »
Haha, thanks!  :D
Just wait till I get the thing finished!

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #5 on: 2011-07-22, 02:41:55 »
Wow, that really looks good. I can't wait to see it with all the exchanges. :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #6 on: 2011-07-22, 02:57:49 »
Yeah, I just placed the order for the padded cuisses to make my cheater chausses! with that done, I'll be able to go 1350s! Then it's the full Wedge-riveted/solid ring hauberk, some tailoring, plate reinforcements, and I've got 3 whole centuries under my belt. (then I've gotta lay low, I promised mum that that would be the end of it till I'm outta the house  ;D)

Sir Gerard de Rodes

• "Chivalry our Strength, Brotherhood our sword"
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Robor meum Deus
    • The Freemen Of Gwent
« Reply #7 on: 2011-07-22, 10:51:40 »
Nice !!
G
"War is at first like a beautiful girl with whom all men long to play,but in the end like a repulsive hag whose suitors all weep and ache" Samuel Hanagid (993-1056)

Sir Edward

• Forum Admin
  • Commander of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
  • Verum et Honorem.
    • ed.toton.org
« Reply #8 on: 2011-07-22, 13:24:21 »
(then I've gotta lay low, I promised mum that that would be the end of it till I'm outta the house  ;D)

...and then all hell breaks loose as Sir Nathan is unleashed unto the world... :)
Sir Ed T. Toton III
Knight Commander, Order of the Marshal

( Personal Site | My Facebook )

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 2011-07-22, 13:26:39 »
Wow...BJ does some awesome work man.  I have got to get in touch w/her...fault's all mine, I've been bs'n on the CoA.  Why not just have her make me up a tunic and cloak, no arms, right?

How much did the surcoat and cloak run you?  Love the matching details at the cloak's hem and the front of the chest.
The Black Knight, Order of the Marshal
'Per Pale Azure and Sable, a Chevron counterchanged fimbriated argent.' 
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

Sir Patrick

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
  • Nex pro inhonesto, Deus pro totus.
    • The Order of the Marshal
« Reply #10 on: 2011-07-22, 14:52:16 »
Very cool!!
Gules, a chevron argent between three cinquefoils ermine.
"Better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand as a lamb."
Knight, Order of the Marshal

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #11 on: 2011-07-22, 15:13:37 »
Well she loves sewing, and she really relishes the challenge of COAs and insignias and such. So take your time, you know? She probaby could make an amazing Templar set up.......Hint Hint...... ::)
And the cloak and curcote together only cost 140.

Hahaha, whenever you see the newscast of some sword-wielding lunatic in a crazy set of robes demanding all the pagans submit while screaming something about a certain Von Gotesmund, you'll know I'm out of the house..... :P
I'll shoot you all a PM before I officially start my crusade though, don't worry  ;D

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 2011-07-22, 16:11:44 »
I think I'm all set for Templar/Crusader regalia...but who knows, maybe a Marshal surcoat?
“Pride makes a man, it drives him, it is the shield wall around his reputation.  Men die, but reputation does not.â€

SirNathanQ

• Knight of the Order
  • Forum Acolyte
« Reply #13 on: 2011-07-22, 16:32:09 »
ahhh, now that would be cool.
But you never see any of the super-long surcoats that were around during the Templar's heyday.
Hey, a Templar mantle?  ;)

Sir William

• Cogito ergo sum
  • Knight of the Order
  • Forum Veteran
« Reply #14 on: 2011-07-22, 16:46:53 »
 I dunno...both of mine are long enough...but who knows, we shall see.  What I do not have is a Teutonic ensemble like you and Sir Brian.  ;)