Main > The Armoury

Gambeson Quest.

<< < (11/14) > >>

Sir Edward:

Oh yes, we're all wimps in comparison.. :)

Sir Robert:
I tend to agree with that, but its a learned trait, you can also learn to endure...or not

Thorsteinn:
I'm aying. 3 layer of 100% flax linen in the summer and your golden! Any errant breeze will cause you to shiver.

And I live in the High Desert but also fight in the Sacramento River Delta and other oven hot parts of the Central Valley.

Ever been at the Yolo County Fairgrounds in summer? I have and I was never going back till I got this gambeseon.

100% natural materials all the way baby yeah!

-Ivan

Sir Brian:
As I stand basting in my own sweat wearing all my armor complete with underlying padding and great helm I find it easier to endure if I think about our troops on deployment in Iraq and Afghanistan where they don’t have a choice about what they have to wear in that oppressive heat and somehow it helps me.

Sir Ulrich:
I actually prefer linen, it actually does keep you cool. My old gambeson I think was artificial cloth (rayon and polyester) and I sweat a ton in it. Gambeson I have now is 100% cotton and I don't get hot at all in it. Wish I could afford a linen one but natural fibers are better than artificial stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version