Main > The Armoury

Gambeson Quest.

<< < (12/14) > >>

Sir Brian:
I was surprised this morning with this email from Steel-Mastery.

--- Quote --------Original Message-----
From: v.ignatov@steel-mastery.com [mailto:v.ignatov@steel-mastery.com]
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 7:00 AM
To: Ames, Brian
Subject: Events in the US

Hello Brian!

I’m Vova, I do business development at Steel Mastery.
May I have a couple of minutes of your attention please?

This year we at Steel Mastery are planning to go to the biggest medieval markets in Europe and in the US.
So far we have planned the fair "Armi e Bagagli" (in Italy) and Pontoise medieval market (in France).
We’d like to visit popular fairs, markets and other medieval events in different countries, meet local SCA and LARP communities, hear feedback and suggestions from our clients and eventually find partners.

So I’m contacting you to ask if you could advice us important events in the US.
I found some info on the web, but would like to know the opinions of our clients first of all J

Thanks a lot for your reply!
Best regards,

Volodymyr Ignatov

Head of Marketing and PR department
Steel Mastery
--- End quote ---
I provided them with some links to several of the larger fairs on the east coast as well as PENNSIC. Hope they can establish a foothold in this market. They make a wide diversity of merchandise and it would be nice not having to pay that ridiculous shipping cost or deal with the long delivery delays.  ;)

Sir Brian:
Well I finally received the "in stock" gambeson and I have to say I am thoroughly impressed with the construction and quality!
It was listed as red silk but it is more like a pink...I won't bandy about it. It is pink! It is also very thick! It is armor in its own right! I plan to use it on some days when I want to go "armor-light". The  inner liner and multiple layers are linen and is very comfortable! I definitely will be ordering a custom gambeson in the future from these folks...except in green with a LOT less layers! ;)
Here are some photos.

Sir Patrick:
Looks good, Sir Brian!  How's the range of motion in the arms?

Sir Wolf:
OH BOY, i don't think i'd want to be taken alive by THAT Knight. he may have his way with me instead of ransom! heheheh

Sir Ulrich:
Nice, makes me wanna buy a new gambeson from those folk. They sell a bunch of things that American markets don't normally offer plus in my size too. Hope they do set up an American distributor. Do the arms move pretty well? I do know thats an issue with swinging swords which is why I usually go for the ones with detachable arms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version