Main > The Library

Epic Sword/Medieval Movie List

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-11-18, 19:46:11 ---But if I ever had the pleasure of being in a movie, I think I'd opt for real armor.  It is stated in the LOTR production notes that Viggo (Aragorn) actually went out into the woods and slept in his armor and gear, so he could get used to the feel of it.  I'd do just that.  :)

--- End quote ---

Wow, if that's true, he just earned a lot of respect from me. :)

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-11-18, 20:00:16 ---
--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-11-18, 19:46:11 ---But if I ever had the pleasure of being in a movie, I think I'd opt for real armor.  It is stated in the LOTR production notes that Viggo (Aragorn) actually went out into the woods and slept in his armor and gear, so he could get used to the feel of it.  I'd do just that.  :)

--- End quote ---

Wow, if that's true, he just earned a lot of respect from me. :)

--- End quote ---

Oh yea.  http://www.viggo-works.com/index.php?page=112

I like that a lot.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-11-18, 19:46:11 ---It is stated in the LOTR production notes that Viggo (Aragorn) actually went out into the woods and slept in his armor and gear, so he could get used to the feel of it.  I'd do just that.  :)
--- End quote ---

This part of your post reminds me of the time at MDRF during the 2009 season when a patron informed me that he and his kids had started playing D&D and they wanted to know if I could sleep in my armor. I got a chuckle out of their look of surprise when I replied with an emphatic “yes” and assured them that I had on more than one occasion slept in my armor at the renfaire, sure they were only catnaps but I could have easily slept longer. I explained further that if you are tired enough you can pretty much sleep in some of the most appalling conditions as numerous members of our military can substantiate! ~ I love it when I can contribute to the busting of a myth!  :D

Sir William:
I can attest to that (being able to sleep despite less than stellar conditions) - and I do intend to sleep in my armor; if I ever make it to PENNSIC that's exactly what'll happen.  Most likely...it'd be easier than changing clothes, no?  Might not be the most appealing in terms of personal aroma but hey, if they could ignore it for months (in some cases years) at a time, I can ignore it for a few days, right?  lol

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Paladin on 2010-11-18, 21:49:20 ---and I do intend to sleep in my armor; if I ever make it to PENNSIC that's exactly what'll happen.  Most likely...it'd be easier than changing clothes, no?  Might not be the most appealing in terms of personal aroma but hey, if they could ignore it for months (in some cases years) at a time, I can ignore it for a few days, right?  lol

--- End quote ---

There's always the opportunity to go to any one of many late-night parties and drink yourself into passing out. I doubt it would be the first time someone did that in armor there. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version