Main > The Library

Epic Sword/Medieval Movie List

<< < (6/6)

Sir William:
It would be for me!  LOL  I haven't drank like that in...wow, I don't even want to say!  I didn't know there were that many late-night parties where people wore armor...you're gonna have to tell me more about that, Sir Edward.  ;D

Sir Edward:

To be fair, most of the Pennsic folks don't wear their armor outside of the actual combat events. SCAdians wear some pretty heavy stuff for the rattan combat, so it's not entirely practical to treat it as garb off the field. That and the fact that a lot of the armor is meant to be functional but not pretty. It's actually amusing to see one of their processions/parades down the streets, with all of the heraldry and pageantry, but half the armor looks like it's made out of propane canisters. :)

Sir Patrick:
The armour is to keep you from injuring yourself when you pass out! ;D

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2010-11-19, 14:37:46 ---It's actually amusing to see one of their processions/parades down the streets, with all of the heraldry and pageantry, but half the armor looks like it's made out of propane canisters. :)

--- End quote ---

I'm being a little harsh, of course, but you do see a wide spectrum.

I have a lot of pennsic photos in these two galleries:

http://ed.toton.org/cgi-bin/gallery.pl?g=2006.pennsic
http://ed.toton.org/cgi-bin/gallery.pl?g=2008.pennsic

Sir William:
Y'know, in imagining what a field army would look like after months on campaign- it might not look much better than this.  My experience has been that armor is great, but hardly indestructible and things like straps and rivets tend to break and pop so if you're not a blacksmith and may not have the funds to pay one for repairs, you cobble together what you can.  Not to mention the dirt- except for the incongruous presence of automobiles, this could easily have passed for such an event.  Looks like a lot of fun!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version