Main > The Armoury

Ed's Mid 14th C. kit

<< < (19/46) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-05-25, 09:35:37 ---wow awesome, and that is just that i can actually see carpet :P hahaha what a huge bare spot on the floor! hehehe jkjkjkj
k

that kit rocks dude. do not split the bottom. most effigies show a straight hem line on mail in the 14thc. wow it just looks great dude.

about the surcoat, are you gonna have it waft in at the waist? this is done by having from the waist to teh armpits open and then they are tied together so it is tight against teh wearer. other wise you can't get the bloody thing on over the armour hehehe.

also, don't forget to wear your belt lower around the hips. its all the rage in 14thc

what about greaves? gotta have those. cased greaves are all the rage in mid to late 14th.

--- End quote ---

Greaves will come later. I'll have to think on that one.

Yeah, this is just a temporary surcoat until Marie makes the good one. I'm going to make some more adjustments to it, but it's not going to be great, since I'm just not going to put the time into it.

As for the splits, they didn't add any expansion or anything, so right now it's hard to sit down with the mail pulling taught. Ideally I'd need to add some expansion areas. Hopefulyl someday KoA will get me those loose rings I ordered. Maybe the material I'll remove to taper the sleeves could be re-added at the bottom. I hope.

I'm already starting to do damage to the points on the pourpoint, so I'm going to look into reinforcing it too.

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2011-05-25, 12:00:35 ---in this picture. what is with the white diamond in the middle of your chest/belly under the mail? heheheh snicker ;)

--- End quote ---

That would be the pourpoint not closing over the gut. Thanks for noticing, dude. :)

Das Bill:
Wow, Ed, that looks excellent! Are you going 15th or 14th century for harnisfechten in class tomorrow? :)

Sir William:
Lookin good Sir Edward...I'd split the haubergeon just for comfort's sake...besides, if you ever got to get up on a horse, not having the split will make the mail ride up over your hips.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Das Bill on 2011-05-25, 13:46:23 ---Wow, Ed, that looks excellent! Are you going 15th or 14th century for harnisfechten in class tomorrow? :)

--- End quote ---

Probably 15th since I'm still working out the bugs from the 14th. Though I must say, this new kit is a lot lighter and more well distributed.

Sir Wolf:
ya u need some triangles in the front and back. talk to james barker about what he did. they maybe on the side, i cant remember.

hey, u want me to bring some tools next saturday to work on some of the bugs? i'll try to bring some thick leather as well to put on teh inside of the arming coat to help distribute the pull on the point holes.

hehehe nice diamond ;) hahahahhaha sorry ehhehe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version