Main > The Armoury

Ed's Mid 14th C. kit

<< < (18/46) > >>

Sir Edward:
OK, here's the scoop. I still have a lot of work to do, but I managed to put things on tonight. Wow, it's a lot of work to do by yourself, with all the straps and points being hard to reach. :)  (as an aside, it's also interesting editing photos and posting this message while still wearing it all!)

I didn't bother with boots. I was just spending the time getting things on, adding new holes in the straps, testing out pointing locations, attaching the besegews, etc.

I still need to taper the sleeves, add splits at the bottom, etc. The surcoat is thrown together really quickly and fits a little funny. I also didn't have it on straight. Hard to do when you put it on AFTER the arms and spaulders.

The lighting sucked, so forgive the graininess. I had to brighten these considerably.

Sir Brian:
Hey that is looking really great! You are a lot closer to being done than not done IMO! :)

SirNathanQ:
LOVE the maille!!!!!!

BTW, does a COPs get as hot as a cuirass? Because I've been often foregoing the cuirass so that I don't sweat to death.
JW?
BTW, thanks for a link to a COP place that looks nice and isn't above $1000!

Sir Wolf:
wow awesome, and that is just that i can actually see carpet :P hahaha what a huge bare spot on the floor! hehehe jkjkjkj
k

that kit rocks dude. do not split the bottom. most effigies show a straight hem line on mail in the 14thc. wow it just looks great dude.

about the surcoat, are you gonna have it waft in at the waist? this is done by having from the waist to teh armpits open and then they are tied together so it is tight against teh wearer. other wise you can't get the bloody thing on over the armour hehehe.

also, don't forget to wear your belt lower around the hips. its all the rage in 14thc

what about greaves? gotta have those. cased greaves are all the rage in mid to late 14th.

Sir Wolf:

in this picture. what is with the white diamond in the middle of your chest/belly under the mail? heheheh snicker ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version