Main > The Armoury

ABS maille and improving my kit.

<< < (3/9) > >>

Sir James A:
It's easier to take out rings than to add them back in. Well, both are easy, and both are a bit mind-numbingly-painful to me, but I'd rather subtract rings than add. I'd over-estimate rather than under-estimate.

Generally speaking, take 25% off the size of 9mm rings when sizing for flexion and compression, so 52" overall would be approx 41.5" chest size (so yes, a few inches too large on you).

Ian:
I too would always much prefer removing rings than adding them.  Just keep in mind that if you're talking about removing rings from anywhere other than the edges of the shirt (cuffs, neckline or hem) you will have to add back rings regardless.

Keeping that in mind I intentionally ordered my last shirt with sleeves and a hem that I knew would be too long so that I could trim that to exactly where I want them to lay on my kit.  With the chest size I trusted the manufacturer (customchainmail) to size it according to my chest size in my gambeson instead of ordering slightly too big because I didn't want to mess with the body tube. 

Sir Ulrich:
Well I messaged them back hope they get back with me soon, hope I dont order a size too big because of my arms being a bit slightly longer than the default size.

Sir William:
If you need the arms to be longer, he can make the longer.  He isn't getting them from the manufacturer, he is the manufacturer (ABS). 

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2015-02-06, 14:44:20 ---If you need the arms to be longer, he can make the longer.  He isn't getting them from the manufacturer, he is the manufacturer (ABS). 

--- End quote ---

^ Yep. When I ordered mine I asked for tapered sleeves, longer sleeves, and a longer hemline too. He did all of that.

I also did as Sir Ian did, intentionally getting over my estimate of the length of sleeves and hemline. That was great because my hemline estimate was slightly off, with the 2" extra it ended up being perfect. Had I not overshot, I'd still be sitting in a dark corner with a pair of pliers crying over having to deal with adding length out of 6mm rings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version