Main > The Armoury

ABS maille and improving my kit.

(1/9) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
http://allbeststuff.com/c-medieval-chainmail-armor/Round-Riveted-Chain-Mail-Shirt/Round-Washer-Chain-Mail-Suit-Hauberk-Coif-Ventail-Mittens-Chausses
I just recently got a new gambeson at a steal price of 45 bucks, and this one was off the rack but oddly it fits me better than my custom one which is a bit bulky around the chest. I been working out a lot lately and realize I tailored my maille too tight to go under any thicker gambeson (but it fits fine under my old one) I been considering getting one of these ABS hauberks with the integrated coifs and mittns. I WAS going to do roman reenacting but decided against it cause I dont have the room for it nor do I feel like buying tons of new stuff as I noticed stuff like hamatas are upwards to 700 bucks, along with all the legionary gear being quite expensive it's not something I can do at the moment. I'm not sure how to ask these people for custom sizes and to be blunt I dont want the chausses that come with it cause I already have a decent pair that fit me well enough and are tailored just fine. Is there any way I can order just the hauberk with the integrated mittens coif and ventail. I'm selling some of my old stuff as well like those mittens I ordered cause I'm dissatisfied with them to be frank, (hate working with maille and tailoring and cutting and crap I really DONT want to do that ever again) I DONT want to attach them to my hauberk cause I plan to cut that ones bottom flaps and possibly bottom sleeves to use it for a later century impression when I get around to doing that (would rather have gauntlets than integrated mittens cause theres NO way I'm going to do fighting without good hand protection). I know ABS offers tailoring as Nate got his done like that and it seems to fit well enough, I been considering the same. Any suggestions?

Sir James A:
For the tailoring, just give them the sizes you want at the places you want (such as bicep, elbow, wrist, waist) and they will give you a quote.

Combat with maille mittens instead of gauntlets is a great way to break fingers. Good choice going with gauntlets. :) (You can still break fingers with gauntlets, just less of a chance...)

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2015-01-31, 01:25:45 ---For the tailoring, just give them the sizes you want at the places you want (such as bicep, elbow, wrist, waist) and they will give you a quote.

Combat with maille mittens instead of gauntlets is a great way to break fingers. Good choice going with gauntlets. :) (You can still break fingers with gauntlets, just less of a chance...)

--- End quote ---
What if they are double mail mittens?
Hmm When do the first plate gauntlets appear?

Sir William:
You're the customer, so you tell him what you want (or don't) and he'll accomodate you.  He's pretty quick on communications and production, I got my hauberk relatively quickly (I expected it to take 2 months and it did).

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Naythan on 2015-02-01, 21:31:10 ---
--- Quote from: Sir James A on 2015-01-31, 01:25:45 ---For the tailoring, just give them the sizes you want at the places you want (such as bicep, elbow, wrist, waist) and they will give you a quote.

--- End quote ---
What if they are double mail mittens?
Hmm When do the first plate gauntlets appear?

--- End quote ---

Armored combat with only mail = Desire to have bones broken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version