Main > The Armoury

Epoxy, Broken sword, and Searching

<< < (5/7) > >>

Ian:
My personal philosophy on swords for a reenactment kit is to stay away from ultra-specific copies of very special swords.  The A&A St Maurice like Sir William said has the specific markings of the HRE Coronation Sword, or the A&A Edward III sword has the Royal Arms of England on the pommel and is etched with the Order of the Garter seal.  None of those things are appropriate for your kit unless you're portraying the Holy Roman Emperor or King of England :)

If you want a 'blingy' sword for a kit, then I would get something with more generic bling, not something that specifically points to an individual in history.  Just my take on it...

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-05-09, 16:04:06 ---My personal philosophy on swords for a reenactment kit is to stay away from ultra-specific copies of very special swords.  The A&A St Maurice like Sir William said has the specific markings of the HRE Coronation Sword, or the A&A Edward III sword has the Royal Arms of England on the pommel and is etched with the Order of the Garter seal.  None of those things are appropriate for your kit unless you're portraying the Holy Roman Emperor or King of England :)

If you want a 'blingy' sword for a kit, then I would get something with more generic bling, not something that specifically points to an individual in history.  Just my take on it...

--- End quote ---

I never considered that, good idea. Also means it can become a
More personal sword.

Sir Ulrich:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2014-05-04, 21:39:03 ---If someone wants a new line Albion Vigil (brown leather grip) at a decently discounted price (Perfect condition). I know somebody with one who needs the money. And no, it is not mine. Interested parties, let me know.

--- End quote ---
If only I had the money, though my parents will kill me if they see me buy another sword. After looking at it I like the Albion Vigil quite a bit due to its massive blade.

Lord Dane:
The guy was willing to negotiate on price if I bought his scabbard. I purchased it & said I would hook him up on the sword. He offered it at $500 if I bought his DBK custom scabbard which was beautiful. The Albion Vigil in new line series and perfect condition. Let me know & I'll give you his info. It is a steal. He needs the money.

Sir Ulrich:
Now I'm tempted even more 500 is a steal for that sword thats less than what I payed for my Ritter with but my parents would kill me. Someone should probably get it before I do but i've already spent an excessive amount on Albions.. Maybe it's time to sell some of the goods I wont be using anymore like my old Hanweis.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version