Main > The Armoury

Epoxy, Broken sword, and Searching

<< < (4/7) > >>

Sir Nate:
http://armor.com/sword145.html
And I seemed to have over looked a st. Maurice sword that meets the variants I am looking for.
I wonder what the weight is tho It doesn't seem to say

Sir Ulrich:
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=AA145&name=Arms+%26+Armor+St+Maurice+Sword
That one has a better more acceptable weight of 3 pounds .6 ounces. I would save up for the good one if I was buying because I wont ever have to replace it.

Lord Dane:
If someone wants a new line Albion Vigil (brown leather grip) at a decently discounted price (Perfect condition). I know somebody with one who needs the money. And no, it is not mine. Interested parties, let me know.

Sir Nate:

--- Quote from: Lord Dane on 2014-05-04, 21:39:03 ---If someone wants a new line Albion Vigil (brown leather grip) at a decently discounted price (Perfect condition). I know somebody with one who needs the money. And no, it is not mine. Interested parties, let me know.

--- End quote ---

Silly knigget, I have no money :D
(Can't even tell you how much I had to fight autocorrect to say K.n.i.g.g.e.t)

Sir William:
Albion makes a St. Maurice as well...they decided to pay homage to the one housed in Turin; A&A's is a more ornate version, copying the coronation sword used by the Holy Roman Empire.  The Albion one probably has a higher level of finish; I managed to get ahold of a cross from an A&A St. M sword some years back and have used it on two different swords so far.  The engraving had to have been done by hand as the depth and uniformity of the letters isn't as crisp as you'd find on a machine cast or stamped piece.

Both swords are similar in size but come from differing periods; I imagine they handle somewhat similarly- the Albion one has a balance point of 9" from the cross, the A&A one is just under 7".  Both are big cavalry style swords, or so I have read.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version