Main > The Armoury

13th and 14th c. Kits

<< < (18/20) > >>

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Don Jorge on 2014-06-20, 13:14:43 ---http://irongatearmory.com/other_weapons/axes_maces_and_warhammers/river_thames_mace

I count 7 flanges...maybe they updated their design?

--- End quote ---

Nope, that's 8 flanges. One of them is blending in with the center shaft.

Aiden of Oreland:
Its an attractive mace. I figured I could use it for my demo for history club(if permitted of course). This is also great because I can technically use it for a late 13th century soldier and knight, for similar styles were in that period. The only difference is that most records and known artifacts show that the flanged maces of the time had fewer flanges and don't usually have that extended metal base under the mace head. what I also like is that I can use it for an early 14th century (it real targeted time).

Sir Edward, how strong and effective is this mace? Can it be used as a live steel weapon that can take a beating or rather only good for melon smashing? If not either of those, does it only make a good decorative piece?

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-06-21, 03:32:37 ---Can it be used as a live steel weapon that can take a beating or rather only good for melon smashing? If not either of those, does it only make a good decorative piece?

--- End quote ---

If by live steel you mean used in a WMA setting, then you'd have to be crazy or have a death wish.  A 2lb flanged mace head can defeat real armor and maim or kill the person inside it.

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-06-21, 03:51:13 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-06-21, 03:32:37 ---Can it be used as a live steel weapon that can take a beating or rather only good for melon smashing? If not either of those, does it only make a good decorative piece?

--- End quote ---

If by live steel you mean used in a WMA setting, then you'd have to be crazy or have a death wish.  A 2lb flanged mace head can defeat real armor and maim or kill the person inside it.

--- End quote ---

I just want to know if this is a well built piece. But if that's answering the question, than awesome. Except I wouldn't literally hit a man with it. Didn't know if this was the real deal or not.

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-06-21, 05:11:00 ---I just want to know if this is a well built piece. But if that's answering the question, than awesome. Except I wouldn't literally hit a man with it. Didn't know if this was the real deal or not.

--- End quote ---

Usually when someone uses the phrase 'live steel' it means for live combat with steel weapons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version