Main > The Armoury

13th and 14th c. Kits

<< < (19/20) > >>

Sir Edward:
Yes, don't hit people with a steel mace. Particularly not if you're trying to have a friendly game. :)

As for how durable, the head is just fine. The haft, I'm not sure. It would hold up for a while, I'm sure, but I don't know that it's a particularly good hardwood. But even in period, hafts would fail and get replaced. Nothing made of wood is going to last forever, especially if it's being struck and torqued.

It should be great against melons. But something to be careful with (and this is true of any test-cutting), is check your surroundings, and angle your swings so that WHEN (not "if") your target goes flying, it won't hit anything important, such as a bystander. Maces tend to fling melons around, because the melon doesn't weigh enough to resist the hit. Downward strikes are your friend here, and of course that means you need to have a stand for the melons that you don't mind getting bashed up with maces.

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Ian on 2014-06-21, 12:02:37 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-06-21, 05:11:00 ---I just want to know if this is a well built piece. But if that's answering the question, than awesome. Except I wouldn't literally hit a man with it. Didn't know if this was the real deal or not.

--- End quote ---

Usually when someone uses the phrase 'live steel' it means for live combat with steel weapons.

--- End quote ---

Ya, that was kinda a dumb thing to ask on my part lol. I just wanted to know if it could work on armor. In case I ever want to test it out on some(not on a live person of course).

As for Mellon's, that's good to know! I could always have a secondary shaft to switch out. I have an entire beech tree that my disposal(already cut down) that I have been considering using for medieval projects like making a shield, various shafts for spears and maces.

Sir Douglas:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-06-21, 12:51:18 ---Yes, don't hit people with a steel mace. Particularly not if you're trying to have a friendly game. :)

--- End quote ---

Or if you're trying to have friends in general. ;)

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2014-06-21, 16:09:13 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2014-06-21, 12:51:18 ---Yes, don't hit people with a steel mace. Particularly not if you're trying to have a friendly game. :)

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hey, what ever happened to nothing says love like a mace ;)

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-06-21, 16:49:37 ---
--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2014-06-21, 16:09:13 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hey, what ever happened to nothing says love like a mace ;)

--- End quote ---

Nothing says love like a Gothic flanged mace. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version