Main > The Armoury

13th and 14th c. Kits

<< < (17/20) > >>

Ian:

--- Quote from: DouglasTheYounger on 2014-05-16, 23:57:28 ---Now when we're talking mid-range, I'm thinking like franklins, merchants, and maybe some gentlemen/esquires. That about right?

--- End quote ---

Yes, with a strong emphasis on the maybe part :)

It's a matter of how you define mid-range, but in medieval terms gentles were generally orders of magnitude wealthier than commons, so it's hard to define them as mid-range.  But some well-to-do merchants/franklins do approach and exceed the income of some of the gentle folk... so it's a little wishy-washy.

Sir Douglas:
Okay, cool. Just so I know we're more or less on the same page when we talk "mid-range". :) It seems like that group can be a little harder to pin down, depending on who you ask.

Aiden of Oreland:
I just ordered myself a River Thames Mace from Iron gate armory WHO only have 3 left in stock(because I ordered the forth one) and it is a product that is no longer made. Joe Metz has the same one. Very hard to come by. I will be sure to write a review on it!

On that note, I also ordered myself a 13th century gambeson in a natural color from KoA. This brings me one step closer to my ultimate goal of making a 13th century German Knight. I will only write a review on it if somebody asks me too.

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-06-19, 21:01:44 ---I just ordered myself a River Thames Mace from Iron gate armory WHO only have 3 left in stock(because I ordered the forth one) and it is a product that is no longer made. Joe Metz has the same one. Very hard to come by. I will be sure to write a review on it!

--- End quote ---

Of course it's been discontinued, because it was actually pretty good. It always seems to work out that way. I have one of these too, and it's a great piece to show at demos.

One of the things that's historically "wrong" is that this reproduction has 8 flanges on it, whereas the museum piece it's based on has 7. It's a lot harder to mass-produce it with an odd number, so they fudged it. But that's not a big deal, and not many people know that. :)

Don Jorge:
http://irongatearmory.com/other_weapons/axes_maces_and_warhammers/river_thames_mace

I count 7 flanges...maybe they updated their design?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version