Main > The Armoury

13th and 14th c. Kits

<< < (12/20) > >>

Aiden of Oreland:
I am sorry to come back to this subject, but I can't seem to find any lambskin or deerskin leather mittens. Also would those be time appropriate? Or is suede? I read something on the forum about using chopper gloves? I am looking for ones that are "authentic" to the time period and are good for combat and sword wielding.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Aiden on 2014-03-01, 03:24:37 ---I am sorry to come back to this subject, but I can't seem to find any lambskin or deerskin leather mittens. Also would those be time appropriate? Or is suede? I read something on the forum about using chopper gloves? I am looking for ones that are "authentic" to the time period and are good for combat and sword wielding.

--- End quote ---

http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Tan-Deerskin-Chopper-Mittens/dp/B0047VOVAI

Sir Wolf:
sexytime

Aiden of Oreland:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2014-03-01, 17:39:13 ---sexytime

--- End quote ---

Took the words right out of my mouth. Just got to cut the palm, then add lacing to lace it shut (which will require assistance from someone to tie). Then remove that elastic part from the rist. Well I think I got an idea of what to do for my kit now :) thank you all for helping me with this I really appreciate it. Now all i have to do is look at kettle helms and bucket helms. I would ask for assistance on my soft kit but I already know what I need so I'll just post pics of it in the making. Again I appreciate all the help :)

Don Jorge:
If anyone doing a early/mid 14th century kit needs a CoP there is a good one made by a Ukrainian on the AA who is selling it really cheap. $190 usd shipped! It is 16g and the guy does really solid neat work...I have read reviews of some other pieces here and there and have exchanged PM's with him. Alas, it doesn't fit me...

http://forums.armourarchive.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=168159

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version