Main > The Armoury

Heraldic Design

<< < (24/27) > >>

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Don Jorge on 2014-06-20, 01:52:23 ---
--- Quote from: Thorsteinn on 2014-06-19, 22:27:55 ---
--- Quote from: Martyn on 2014-06-19, 14:01:48 ---What's the link for registration submission?  Also, am I correct in guessing you must be an active SCA member to do so?

--- End quote ---

You submit you stuff through your Kingdoms Heralds (who's your local branch Herald?), and the SCA got permission to not worry about conflicting with real world designs so long as they are not direct copies. You can use your families heraldry if you can prove you have a mundane legal right to, as some have.

--- End quote ---

My ribs are common family heraldry for Acosta family names...but the colors and design is my own...I should be fine :)

--- End quote ---
Those ribs are quite common. I had them just the other day with some BBQ sauce.

Aiden of Oreland:
As promised, this summer I would edit my heraldry in hope I come closer to my goal. Here is an updated version I decided on. The difference here is I made the stag more simple, I also made the green slightly darker. but I cant decide on the right shade of green that I want. I also smoothed and thinned out the border a bit as well. I think either this summer or the next, I will try to join a local SCA group near Philadelphia and submit my heraldry, that is if I decide that this is it.

Here I also have an idea for a surcoat. I cannot find a way to incorporate the stag though. I chose this pattern because if I were to make a hart/stag crest for my helm it would replace the need for it on my surcoat. Though, I could just put the chief and 3 formee crosses on the surcoat on the bosom. Opinions?

Lord Dane:
Nice job, Aiden. The parti-color surcoat with counter-changing crosses is perfect look. Go with it.  ;D

Sir Edward:

I actually really like that. Nice job!

Sir Patrick:
Very cool!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version