Main > The Armoury

New maille type on the market

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Well I just got an email from Erik Schmid himself

Hello Shawn,

I noticed your post on myArmoury about this new mail being made in India. Do not be fooled. The links he is showing were made quite some time ago with my tools for another company. His website also has pictures of SN Exports products. Be cautious.

Cheers,
Erik

Rather disappointing but thankfully this happened before I payed for anything so I am rather glad I didnt spend a penny on this.

Sir William:
Huh.  That's disappointing- SN Exports I'm somewhat familiar with having come across their site some time back when researching maille options.  Still...I'd like to see some exemplars from this new guy...if he can come close, that's still a step in the right direction.

Lord Dane:
Does Erik think SNExports is a waste of money or their maille is cheaply made??

Ian:
As I've mentioned to Shawn privately, I'm glad Erik warned Shawn about this.  I also found it rather amusing that the guy on MyArmoury who was blasting the photos as garbage and praising Erik's stuff was unknowingly calling Erik's own work the same Indian stuff already on the market...

I will give the moderators of MyArmoury the benefit of the doubt and assume Erik contacted them as well, and that's why the thread was gutted.

Sir Edward:

Huh, so in this case maybe there was more going on than what we saw.

I've always had mixed feelings about the moderating there. Sometimes you have to moderate with a heavy hand to keep things on track (particularly when you have uncooperative users), but they have a habit of stepping in when people raise legitimate concerns or ask completely understandable questions. I'd rather cultivate an atmosphere of friendliness and helpfulness, than putting accuracy and scholarly approach above all else.

I haven't even logged in over there in quite some time now, unfortunately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version