Main > The Armoury

New maille type on the market

(1/6) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
So I was browsing Facebook, and saw this indian maille making company advertising their new wedge riveted round ring maille in a group I am part of.

They even got the overlap correct and it's not big and overly flat like the stuff I am used to seeing. Might be worth looking into actually. It reminds me of my Erik Schmid stuff actually, the rings are a bit bigger though.
Oddly the same guy posted on my DA as well which I just noticed. I am actually considering getting some but not sure how I could, probably need more info on this so far.

Sir Wolf:
how is that a wedge? looks like a rivet.

Thorsteinn:
Whats the pricing like?

B. Patricius:
I was thinking it was domed myself, but, we'd have to see under it.  On numerous discussions and archaeological evidence, the wedge look like rivets where they've been peened on.  Part of the mushrooming effect.  As I told Sir Ulrich on the book of faces, his kits look promising.  I just hope his "super hero V" in his hauberk was because of a custom order, not that is his way of tailoring it. 

Sir James A:
Agreed, need to see the bottom. Some look dome, some look like folded wedge crimped with a round-head recess in the pliers. Interested in more info though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version