Main > The Courtyard

WMA equipment

<< < (5/6) > >>

Thorsteinn:
I love my period gambeson, so much less hot than my armoured motorcycle coat.

Joshua Santana:
Sir Brian:  I did plan a padded collar gorget and it is on the list, I forgot to add it.  There is a padded gorget I did try on that was big enough to protect my neck, shoulder and clavicles.

On the other hand I was considering a simple steel gorget as seen on Clang that with the padded collar combined is good protection for the wind pipe. (I know, the jealousy rates would sky rocket.  ;))

Sir William:  I did contact Matt via email and he is available for business.  Thank you for the caution.  I intend to get the pieces (for this kit and for the harness) one at a time. 

Sir James A:
I think regular gauntlets you may need an alternative for any WMA that allows grapples / wrestling (ringen)? Otherwise sounds good to me!

Joshua Santana:
In terms of regular gauntlets for abrazare/ringen, that would be (in my perspective in the realm of blossfechten or spada without armor) secondary item.

The purpose if the Bouting Kit is for unarmored longsword fencing if I need to close in to abrazare distance there is an easy solution as Maestro Fiore advises in Il Fior di Battaglia (hint: opposite of Zogho Largo or Gioco Largo).  And teh other solution in my mind would be this very simple easy to utilize move that requires a stunning of the opponent via the gauntlets (hint: Guesclin was famous for this before his capture by the English it involved his hands).  Punch his noggin out of the way!  ;)

Sir Brian:
Well what a major disappointment this turned out to be. I received it yesterday and tried it on and being made in China it is apparently Chinese-sized and did not fit at all even though I was within the specified measurements. Regardless of the fit the padding was woefully in adequate for WMA! I would be seriously injured if I attempted any full speed free-play dueling with this armor. Well I think I’ll need to check some local motorbike shops and shop the old fashion way to determine which make and model armor would suit my needs before looking for anymore ‘bargains’ on the Net.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version