Main > The Courtyard

WMA equipment

(1/6) > >>

Sir Brian:
I’ve decided to stop wearing my good revival clothing gambeson for my regular longsword training as it is really showing some signs of wear and tear. I still intend to wear it when we do our period demonstrations but for regular training I’m switching to the Motor cross type of armor and put a bid on a set like this. If I can win the auction I’ll pick it up for less than $40!  :)

Sir William:
That looks like something Batman might wear.  ;)

You have to let us know how it works out for you...might be a good idea for all of us to invest in a similar setup for the same reasons.

Sir Brian:
Actually more and more HEMA practitioners have started wearing them. The guy from MASHS that won the Capitol HEMA open last month has been wearing one for over a year now and I noticed several other contestants at the tournament wearing them. A couple of other MASHs students started wearing them as well because they offer far better protection vs. a longsword than the traditional fencing jackets but not nearly as hot as a gambeson.  ;)

Sir Edward:

Cool, let me know how you like it. Assuming you win the auction. :) I may have to try one out as well.

Sir Brian:
I will because I won the auction! It's mine for $27.00 plus S&H for a total of $36.00 which is a pretty sweet deal to try something new. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version