Main > The Courtyard

On the Krumphau

<< < (10/13) > >>

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-09-19, 15:06:27 ---
--- Quote from: Jessica Finley on 2012-09-19, 15:03:24 ---Of course we can parry - if we are doing it properly.  (think the counter to the counter to the Zwerchhau, that is, parry and duplieren)  :D

--- End quote ---

Oh, you mean the John Clements Krumphau. :)

--- End quote ---

Wait! We still have the same problem! Are we going to 'parry' = English or Parieren = German or Parare = Italian or Parer = French!  :P

Sir Edward:

All of the above? :)

Thorsteinn:
I honestly prefer to use the offhanded Perrier when fighting longsword vs longsword. I find it especially useful against a French Spring attack.

Jessica Finley:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-09-19, 15:06:27 ---
--- Quote from: Jessica Finley on 2012-09-19, 15:03:24 ---Of course we can parry - if we are doing it properly.  (think the counter to the counter to the Zwerchhau, that is, parry and duplieren)  :D

--- End quote ---

Oh, you mean the John Clements Krumphau. :)

--- End quote ---

YES!  Exactly that.  LOL

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Hersir Thorsteinn on 2012-09-19, 18:46:22 ---I honestly prefer to use the offhanded Perrier when fighting longsword vs longsword. I find it especially useful against a French Spring attack.

--- End quote ---

lol, that put a wonderful image in my head. Here, let me fight you one-handed with my longsword, while enjoying a refreshing beverage with the other hand. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version