Main > The Courtyard

On the Krumphau

<< < (13/13)

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-09-19, 14:35:44 ---Nope! I thought we weren’t supposed to ‘parry’ in longsword!  ;)

--- End quote ---

Of course you can parry, Sir Brian. After all, that's how we avoid taking unwelcome longsword blows to our thumbs. :) Sorry, had to say it. Parrying is not limited as a fencing technique. It is a method of blocking strikes even in longsword.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Lord_Dane on 2012-09-21, 00:31:06 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-09-19, 14:35:44 ---Nope! I thought we weren’t supposed to ‘parry’ in longsword!  ;)

--- End quote ---

Of course you can parry, Sir Brian. After all, that's how we avoid taking unwelcome longsword blows to our thumbs. :) Sorry, had to say it. Parrying is not limited as a fencing technique. It is a method of blocking strikes even in longsword.
--- End quote ---

Oh I know that Lord_Dane, I was just being a little satirical about the second ARMA video posted. In fact I have several ‘plays’ in my repertoire in dueling with the longsword that are inclusive with a parry. But yeah when I use my thumb to parry, I’m basically doing it WRONG!  ;)

Thorsteinn:

--- Quote ---But yeah when I use my thumb to parry, I’m basically doing it WRONG! 
--- End quote ---

Good news though. You only get to do it twice.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version