Main > The Courtyard

Coup de Groin

<< < (3/5) > >>

Sir William:
That's a bit harsh, Sir Brian...but he would definitely be the recipient of a good and decent ass whuppin after that BS.  Sorry to resurrect a long-dead thread, I'm makin my way through all of them and this in particular I found interesting.  Knowing me, I'd assume we're of the same mind - no underhanded mess; I wouldn't have taken such an action lightly, not by a long shot.

Attacking that man's injured knee knowingly- I'm surprised he wasn't set upon by a number of participants.

Sir Edward:

No problem reviving old threads. Actually here, I think it works better on a smaller forum to continue old threads than start new ones and end up saying all the same things anyway. :)

But yes, when I heard that ARMA was condoning this sort of behavior, I lost a lot of respect for them. There is simply no need whatsoever to intentionally harm your partner.

Sir William:
Agreed; none whatsoever.  I wonder if the guy who took the shot retaliated in any way; couldn't blame him myself. 

Awesome on the smaller forum deal...I hate it when large forums become so overrun w/rules that they become like work.

SirNathanQ:
Ugh. Thats really, really, REALLY, disgusting. I suddenly just lost a fair bit of respect towards ARMA also.
I do free sparring with my friends, and we even put on demos for the local middle school. If any one of them did this I would make sure it's a looong time before a sword makes it in their hands again... >:(
In my sparring, we use full body target (although pulled blows obviously, as we use steel blunts), grappling, throws, ect. We can get hurt, and I'm fine with that. In fact during one bout I didn't step back as much as I needed to from a blow and got a nice cut on the forehead for a few months. But I'm perfectly fine with that. We're practicing martially effective techniques with martially effective weapons (minus an edge). We're gonna get some bruises and such. But anything like that in inexcusable. I draw the line at groin shots, biting, and anything that could turn a simulated fight into a REAL one.

Sir James A:
I wondered if this was an "official" ARMA video, since it seems to be in poor taste to even post something like that, but it is indeed on their official website - http://www.thearma.org/Videos/TPVideos.htm, near the bottom.

Absolutely uncalled for. And the thought process behind posting that video is as confusing as the video itself.

Todd, I hope said individual was dishonorably discharged for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version