Main > The Armoury

Improving my kit for Days of Knights.

<< < (10/16) > >>

Sir Edward:

Yep, cheap swords have their place. I still own a couple of $40 wall hangers that are doing just that-- hanging on a wall.

Sir Ulrich:
Guess I will stick to my Tinker Norman, I could get it refinished to look like a high end sword as well so I think i'm well off with it. It's just hard to find a sword that would fit a Teutonic knight as I'm unsure if they even used brazil nut pommel swords. But whatever the case I am gonna put about 50 bucks aside a week to buy an Albion in the future. And by limited income I meant being unemployed. Well I aint exactly jobless I do odd jobs and handywork which I would prefer to working as a grocery store or fast food place but it isnt as secure as I'd like as somedays I'll make a lot others I wont.

Ian:
I want to meet these members of the Order with unlimited income, and become really good friends with them!  Reveal yourselves!  ;D

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-09-27, 23:22:32 ---Guess I will stick to my Tinker Norman, I could get it refinished to look like a high end sword as well so I think i'm well off with it. It's just hard to find a sword that would fit a Teutonic knight as I'm unsure if they even used brazil nut pommel swords. But whatever the case I am gonna put about 50 bucks aside a week to buy an Albion in the future. And by limited income I meant being unemployed. Well I aint exactly jobless I do odd jobs and handywork which I would prefer to working as a grocery store or fast food place but it isnt as secure as I'd like as somedays I'll make a lot others I wont.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, saving up for a while is a good way to go. Albion also has a Layaway plan, so you can throw some money at them periodically, and when it adds up to the price of the sword, you get in the queue.

My first "battle ready" sword (based on my limited experience of what that meant) was a sword I got at the renfaire back at the end of the '80s and I was in my teens. I saved up all summer for it. It really meant something when I finally got it.

Brazil-nut pommels are probably fine. They were very common prior to the 12th century, so since you're going for an earlier sort of look anyway, I think you can make the argument for it.

--- Quote from: Ian on 2012-09-27, 23:30:42 ---I want to meet these members of the Order with unlimited income, and become really good friends with them!  Reveal yourselves!  ;D

--- End quote ---

Me too! Either that or I need to win the lottery and become one! ;)

Lord Dane:
Ya hear that!! Sirs Edward & Ian are looking for the forum Sugar-daddy. How quaint!!!  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version