Main > The Armoury

Improving my kit for Days of Knights.

<< < (9/16) > >>

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah I mainly go after swords WITH scabbards because unlike most of you I have limited income. Already spent excessively on armor but this was my money I mainly got for Christmas and birthday so yeah. I do want an Albion and hope to work on getting one with a scabbard, only issue is they'll be sharp and my parents arent too keen on having a sharp weapon in the house for whatever reason.
I wanted the Reeve for my birthday but my parents got me the Hanwei Tinker Norman saying it's the same basic design for a cheaper price. Prolly gonna get that upgraded rather than get an Albion yet, I do like the Ritter though and the Reeve. Round pommels dont appeal to me nearly as much. I probably will pick up the Valiant armory Castile when it's back in stock as it looks rather nice, only thing I dont like is the pommel isnt peened. I did look for a place where it was in stock but couldnt find it. It's also in red which I also like because my colors are red and black. Though for my teutonic knight persona the ritter is prolly the best choice.

SirNathanQ:
Ulrich, I'm 17. As of now, I have what is known as NO income, to be only supplemented by summer job and paying for many of my things that I want.
Don't go buying an Albion just yet. Get your full kit together, then save up some more and get the Albion.

I have a humble Tinker and Darksword, both of which I am very proud of. Are they Albions? No. are they meant to be? No. Are they insanely functional and good swords? Yes.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-09-26, 22:06:11 ---Yeah I mainly go after swords WITH scabbards because unlike most of you I have limited income. Already spent excessively on armor but this was my money I mainly got for Christmas and birthday so yeah. I do want an Albion and hope to work on getting one with a scabbard, only issue is they'll be sharp and my parents arent too keen on having a sharp weapon in the house for whatever reason.
I wanted the Reeve for my birthday but my parents got me the Hanwei Tinker Norman saying it's the same basic design for a cheaper price. Prolly gonna get that upgraded rather than get an Albion yet, I do like the Ritter though and the Reeve. Round pommels dont appeal to me nearly as much. I probably will pick up the Valiant armory Castile when it's back in stock as it looks rather nice, only thing I dont like is the pommel isnt peened. I did look for a place where it was in stock but couldnt find it. It's also in red which I also like because my colors are red and black. Though for my teutonic knight persona the ritter is prolly the best choice.

--- End quote ---

Check these guys out, I just bought a new blade from their KRF armory store. Quality craftsmanship.

www.sabersmith.com (out of several nidwest & NE ren-faires or order online from Mighigan)

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Ulrich on 2012-09-26, 22:06:11 ---Yeah I mainly go after swords WITH scabbards because unlike most of you I have limited income.

--- End quote ---

I assure you, I have limited income. If not, I'd be posting from the 12th floor of the archers tower in the keep of the castle. :)

I'm 33, just last month bought my first Arms & Armor sword, have no scabbard, and no Albions either. Everybody has different resources and desires, and they will change over time. As the (self-proclaimed!) resident high-level armor addict, I applaud the work you've been doing on your kit/armor. And, when it's in the scabbard, there's hardly any difference to the mundanes between an Albion and a wall hanger.

Just saying, no need to lose hope - you can get an Albion later, and you can order a scabbard with it directly from Christian Fletcher (such as http://www.christianfletcher.com/Christian_Fletcher/Albion_Medieval_Single-Hand/Pages/Reeve.html). You'll have more financial resources as you get older, if you're willing to sacrifice in other areas.

Sir William's suggestion for the VA/Atrim swords is great for your current situation - Christmas coming up in a few months and such.

Sir Brian:
Sir James probably brings up the most prudent point. If you want a good looking sword for the sake of nothing more than a wall / waist hanger then the exorbitant cost of a high end blade is hard to justify.  :-\

Yet if you have all the intension of practicing with the blade in solo drills and such then you might want to consider getting a high end blade. For me I wanted my first Albion to be a practice sword that I would hopefully get many years of actual use with and now that I consider my skill worthy of it I will in the next couple of weeks be the proud owner of an Albion which could be put to actual use.
– Zombie apocalypse, etc.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version