Main > The Armoury

Improving my kit for Days of Knights.

<< < (8/16) > >>

Sir William:
Albions definitely do not come cheap, although from time to time you can luck up on a sale.  Best bang for your buck in terms of a sword and scabbard w/suspension rig is probably going to be along the lines of a Valiant Armoury offering. 

http://www.valiant-armoury.com/swords.php

Check them out if you haven't already...they're made with Angus Trim designed blades that are forged in China or India (I forget which, but Sonny has a QC process in place to pick out the occasional dud and his customer service is excellent) and they all come with handmade wood-cored scabbards w/integral belts and suspension- all for around $400.  I believe DSA is also doing this, but they've developed their own blade profiles (I find them clunky, but the DSA Knight that Sir Nathan owns is quite a bit nicer than their earlier offerings so take that w/a grain of salt) so you may want to talk to some owners before going with what they have.  I had a VA arming sword (singlehander) that was performance custom tuned by Angus himself, then further customized w/new furniture, fittings and scabbard and belt system built by Slayer (who no longer does this sort of thing or so I understand).  My point is, you can make it happen if you want to.

Sir James A:
You can buy scabbards separately. Arms and Armor don't come with a scabbard unless you buy it with one - I still picked one up, and I'll get a scabbard for it eventually, too. I have lots of swords without scabbards. If worst comes to worst, just keep them in the tattered carcass of slain enemies, right? :)

Sir William:
I think Ulrich likes the total package...plus it keeps the edges from cutting other things, namely himself.  Or the cat, if he has one.  lol

In any case, A&A swords like Albions cost a good deal of money; such swords need a comparable scabbard, no?  The price of say, the Black Prince w/a DBK scabbard will run you well over $1600- for that price he could have four VA/Atrim swords with scabbards and belt rigs.  VA swords are good swords too, I've had a couple.

Sir Edward:

To me, the scabbard is the second half of the sword. It's OK if the investment is different between the two, but if you're going to spend a lot on a sword, it should also be OK in your head to spend as much on the scabbard & suspension as well.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-09-26, 14:06:21 ---I think Ulrich likes the total package...plus it keeps the edges from cutting other things, namely himself.

--- End quote ---

Completely understood. :) Just pointing out that if he wants an Albion, the lack of the scabbard shouldn't be the deciding factor, since it's easily taken care of.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version