Main > The Armoury

Improving my kit for Days of Knights.

<< < (7/16) > >>

Sir William:
Sir James, thanks- it did, made it much more attractive w/out actually doing too much to the sword itself- other than touching up the blade and doing a new wrap on the grip.

Ulrich, send him an email, his name is Jon Sarge- he's a good guy, customer-oriented so he's open to whatever you want.  If he can do it, he'll tell you so and likewise, if he can't, he'll let you know that too.

He could definitely re-wrap your scabbard if you were so inclined, and set up a suspension rig to integrate with it, giving it a much more historic appearance than a frog, or the double-wrap belt you have.  He can also rewrap the grip if you wanted and he's got a pretty good choice of colors that you can have for your scabbard, belt and grip.  He could even do an under the leather decoration, like a cross- or he can tool or stamp one (or more) wherever you want them.  In fact, he may have some suggestions- consider them, he knows what he's talkin about.

Sir Ulrich:
Well considering I didnt have enough time to custom wrap my scabbard and get a new intetgrated sword belt I ordered a sword frog from the inner bailey

May not be the most historically accurate thing but it does give the illusion that it could be an integrated sword belt, and looks a LOT more period than that UGLY triangular one I had.
I do plan to eventually upgrade my sword but considering the time constraints I had to go for this and it doesnt look BAD at all unlike the other sword frog I had.

Sir Wolf:
:) just make sure to hang it off the correct side hehehe

Sir William:
LOL @ Sir Wolf

He might be a lefty like me!  ;)

Sir Ulrich:
Yeah, for some reason that crappy sword frog I had was a left handed one so I HAD to hang it off the wrong side. I honestly hated that thing, it was so crappy. This inner bailey one is MUCH better and I like it a LOT more than the other ones the laces make it look more period. I am picking up a new sword though, I want an albion but they dont come with scabbards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version