Main > The Armoury

Improving my kit for Days of Knights.

<< < (5/16) > >>

Sir Edward:

Excellent, I'll look forward to seeing some pictures of it all together. :)

Sir William:
Same here!  What's wrong with your swordbelt?

Sir Ulrich:
It doesnt have a decent attachment to it and it forces it to be on my RIGHT side when I myself am right handed and it should be on my LEFT side.

Sir Ulrich:
Well digging through my closet I found an OLD double wrap sword belt from the Christmas of 2005 that I never used because it needed a scabbard sword to fit it. Needless to say it fits the Tinker Norman rather well, I am not sure if this is exactly period but it looks a LOT better than the unsightly sword frog I used to always use.

Never thought I would actually find a use for this but I rather like it, it doesnt even weigh me down either, it's a LOT more comfortable to wear than the sword frog with the regular belt. Saves me some money too cause I was ready to get another frog that looked better. Personally to be honest I HATE sword frogs, every time I buy one I am NEVER satisfied with the final look, it always looks modern or out of place. This belt actually fits in pretty well.
I was wondering if any of this would look better than this http://www.theinnerbailey.com/sword-frogs.htm But I am running out of time and need to get this done by the end of September. It gives the illusion that the sword scabbard is part of the belt which I like so maybe I will pick up one. I just want to look as historically accurate as possible.

Lord Dane:
I have that same double-wrap sword belt in black leather, stainless buckles, with a celtic trim that I use for my formal attire with my great/long sword. Works great. I hide mine under my knight sash so it's not noticed. Looks good, Sir Ulrich.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version