Main > The Great Hall

Hello everyone!

<< < (2/5) > >>

Sir Edward:

Welcome to the forum, and I'm glad you're enjoying the shield!

Sir Patrick:
Huzzah and welcome!  You'll find we're a friendly and helpful lot around here.

Sir Justin:

--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-06-03, 12:18:26 ---huzzah and welcome!  where are you located? what do you need help with your kit? we like to spend your money so beware hahahaha

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the warm welcome guys. And I am located in Washington state, USA. I have a general feel for what I want for my kit, but im still keeping a lookout. The website i have mainly been using to find parts for my Templar kit is http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/s-3-crusades.aspx and of course ebay and other sites.
But I am always open to any and all advise for my kit. I currently have 2 swords (that I bought awhile back) and a Templar shield. I dont have too much money to spare atm, but hopefully that will be a temporary problem.  :P

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir Justin on 2012-06-03, 17:16:42 ---
--- Quote from: Sir Wolf on 2012-06-03, 12:18:26 ---huzzah and welcome!  where are you located? what do you need help with your kit? we like to spend your money so beware hahahaha

--- End quote ---

Thank you for the warm welcome guys. And I am located in Washington state, USA. I have a general feel for what I want for my kit, but im still keeping a lookout. The website i have mainly been using to find parts for my Templar kit is http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/s-3-crusades.aspx and of course ebay and other sites.
But I am always open to any and all advise for my kit. I currently have 2 swords (that I bought awhile back) and a Templar shield. I dont have too much money to spare atm, but hopefully that will be a temporary problem.  :P

--- End quote ---

I recommend starting a new thread specifically about your kit and the ideas you have for it if you'd like.  Some important things to note in it would be specifically what time period you want to represent (as close to a specific date as possible is preferable, since these things changed in great detail possibly from decade to decade), what region you want to represent, and then how historically accurate you want to be.

places like medievalcollectibles are great for costuming for conventions and ren faires, but if you have interest in going the historically accurate route, I recommend staying away from places like that.  We can point you in the right direction for options to get very historically accurate clothing and pieces for your hard kit (armor stuff).  I can't stress enough to do the research first before jumping in, or you will more than likely make lots of purchases you later regret when you gain more knowledge (trust us, we've ALL done this).

Sir Justin:
Alright, will do. I had planned on doing more research, and I will start a new thread soon. Thank you for the advice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version