Main > The Great Hall

Hello everyone!

<< < (4/5) > >>

Sir Edward:

Either Order is viable through the 13th. It's the start of the 14th that limits your choice. :)

Sir William:
So it is...so it is.  Its just...they really started losing most of their battles after the stalemate that was the Third Crusade.  lol

Frater de Beaumanoir:
Welcome Brother,

You'll find yourself amongst learned company amidst these Brethren. I might also recommend a FB group known as the Beausant Brotherhood for all things Military Orders related. It will also provide other contacts to branch out elsewhere, if you so desire.

+nnDnn+

Sir Gerard de Rodes:
Welcome and good speed to you Sir Justin.
G.

Lord Dane:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-06-05, 15:46:33 ---You are...and the advice we have to give will serve you well, whether your focus is more costume and ren-oriented, or historically accurate/living history oriented.  Medieval Collectibles, like Museum Replicas, specializes in the costuming side of things...their wares are generally durable and pretty well made, for off the rack stuff.  After years of using them myself I am now of the mind that I want it to be a bit more historical- so of course, that costs more, but it needn't break the bank.  Slowly but surely as they say.

Although, I should mention that I may be switching orders to that of the Teutonic Knights since they are a faith-oriented order, and still prominent in the 13th Century which is the period I'm currently focusing on.  I blame Sir Nathan.  lol

--- End quote ---

Templars, Hospitalliers, Teutonics....all Crusaders alike. Whichever Christian-based order you decide, take your vows, swear your feality, pledge your allegiance, make your salutes, buy your robes, take up your swords, and...end up spending more money than you thought you had.  Which will make you understand why they were truely impoverished knights. lol

Personally, I think the Teutonics had the best look but the Templars have the most mystique (even to modern day). Hospitalliers had the most noble and faithful intentions of the monastic-based military orders of the Crusader-era.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version