Main > The Armoury

Albion price hike

<< < (9/14) > >>

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---CF's swordless scabbards are a great deal!  I'm really enjoying mine, and you can make them as expensive/fancy or inexpensive/plain as you want.
--- End quote ---

That is great!

Sir Brian:
Well I have definitely decided upon the Talhoffer as I greatly prefer a longer handle with my longswords. I don't really care that it is considered a good century ahead of my harness since I am more concerned with a blade I want to feel right in my hands when I wield it and not so much as a show piece/accessory.  ;)

Now to pick up some poplar wood slats and have them milled down to 3/16" thickness to start on the wood core of a scabbard. The craftsman I intend to use for the leather work on the scabbard is very interested in doing the work as he has expressed a desire to expand out into that line of work. Thanks again Sir Edward for the loan of your Talhoffer to use in making the core. :)

Sir Edward:

Yep, no problem at all. It's a fantastic sword, and I think you'll be very happy with yours. The question is, which grip are you going to get? They have three options. :) The waisted grips are kind of nice, but it depends on what you're comfortable with. Mine has the standard (non-waisted) grip.

Sir William:
Well, I haven't heard back from Mike but I went ahead and ordered a scabbard from DBK...we're going over color options and tooling now.  I'm quite interested in seeing how yours turns out, Sir Brian!  It'll be a while before I can get any tools for that sort of thing as I need to build a workbench first.  Build...me...lol...in any case, so this seemed the way to go for me.  I managed to get the jump since he'd decided to build a Crecy scabbard anyways and I was the first to contact him for one so it'll be mine.  As it stands, I might end up with the scabbard before I get the sword but that's all to the good.  Push comes to shove I may end up getting a used one- just saw one for sale a few weeks ago; probably no longer available but there's always hope, right?  Rather get a new one, though.  Then my sword purchases will be at an end for a while...

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-05-21, 14:04:52 ---Yep, no problem at all. It's a fantastic sword, and I think you'll be very happy with yours. The question is, which grip are you going to get? They have three options. :) The waisted grips are kind of nice, but it depends on what you're comfortable with. Mine has the standard (non-waisted) grip.
--- End quote ---

I’ll be going with the standard grip as it feels the best. The Meyer has a slightly waist grip that is tolerable but I’d prefer if it was straight.  ;)

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-05-22, 14:42:15 ---Well, I haven't heard back from Mike but I went ahead and ordered a scabbard from DBK...we're going over color options and tooling now.  I'm quite interested in seeing how yours turns out, Sir Brian!  It'll be a while before I can get any tools for that sort of thing as I need to build a workbench first.
--- End quote ---

Well it so happens I picked up six ΒΌ” x 3” x 44” poplar slats from Home Depot yesterday and had the wood mill where I work plane them down to approximately 3/16” and then I passed them by a disc sander a few times so now they are ready to be soaked/steamed and formed around a blade. Would you like me to bring a spare set for you Sir Edward so you can work on a scabbard core for your Crecy?  ???

UPDATE:
Well I took the plunge. I just emailed a 6 month payment plan contract to Mike and he told me it is approximately a 12 week build time from when the full payment is made. I told him I will try and schedule the final payment and his estimated build time to coincide with the completion of my scabbard's completion date, which will of course depend upon Brett @ T-Star leather works. BTW, the custom grip color was $25.00 so YES I went with GREEN! :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version