Main > The Armoury

Albion price hike

<< < (6/14) > >>

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Really like that Crecy...the size, shape- I hear it cuts like a laser; for the bastard/longsword series by Albion it was always my favorite as far as aesthetics are concerned.  Sure, there are other, more refined swords in that category but I have always loved the Crecy.

--- End quote ---

You Sir William heard correctly, why here is a video showing the Crecy in action with cutting

(skip to 6:20)

Sir William:
Would you look at that.  Can anyone tell me if full-on customs are overrated?  I'm reaching here...someone toss me a lifeline!  lol

Ian:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-05-17, 21:12:34 ---Would you look at that.  Can anyone tell me if full-on customs are overrated?  I'm reaching here...someone toss me a lifeline!  lol

--- End quote ---

I own a Crecy and enjoy it a lot.  Haven't cut with it yet though.  That being said, the real draw on a custom sword is the knowledge that it's a custom sword.... It's desirable because of the work that went in to it, and the fact that it's a unique creation by the smith.  Performance-wise though, a custom sword will be entirely indistinguishable from a properly done CNC milling machine made-sword, i.e. the Albion.  So it depends on priorities.  If it's purely aesthetics and performance, go for the Albion or A&A, if it's the intangibles that you're after, or the desire to own a unique piece of functional artwork, commission the custom sword, but expect to fork over triple the cost of an Albion :)   (Or if you absolutely must have a pattern welded sword, then custom it is!  ;) )

Sir Ulrich:
Tempts me to get one. I'd prolly go after the Reeve sword cause I like older designs of sword but I just got a new sword so I am kinda saying no.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---Would you look at that.  Can anyone tell me if full-on customs are overrated?  I'm reaching here...someone toss me a lifeline!  lol
--- End quote ---

LOL!

--- Quote ---I own a Crecy and enjoy it a lot.  Haven't cut with it yet though.  That being said, the real draw on a custom sword is the knowledge that it's a custom sword.... It's desirable because of the work that went in to it, and the fact that it's a unique creation by the smith.  Performance-wise though, a custom sword will be entirely indistinguishable from a properly done CNC milling machine made-sword, i.e. the Albion.  So it depends on priorities.  If it's purely aesthetics and performance, go for the Albion or A&A, if it's the intangibles that you're after, or the desire to own a unique piece of functional artwork, commission the custom sword, but expect to fork over triple the cost of an Albion :)   (Or if you absolutely must have a pattern welded sword, then custom it is!  ;) )
--- End quote ---

That is good Sir Ian, yes a custom sword is unique and can work to your needs.   ;)

--- Quote ---Tempts me to get one. I'd prolly go after the Reeve sword cause I like older designs of sword but I just got a new sword so I am kinda saying no.

--- End quote ---

That is perfectly fine Sir Ulrich, what ever floats "thy" boat will work.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version