Main > The Library

Medieval movies?

<< < (13/22) > >>

Sir John of Felsenbau:
Well, if we film only with those near a central point...that would be good. Like I said, with a minimum of actors that could be accomplished. Then the actual filming...maybe one or two separate days...not all on each day. I have experience making movies...I've made 8 of them. Whenever I have made movies, the actors always ham it up and ad lib...makes it fun...and interesting...like adding spice to a dish.

I don't know if any of you have heard of the old western: "Have gun will travel?" I grew up with it, and it seems it still is very popular today. I managed to get DVDs of all 6 seasons. And I still like them.

Paladin would be my choice as the main star...I'd call him Sir Palidor, which it seems was in use back then and derived from Charlegmagne's Paladins. The qualities of the western Paladin really seem like a real knight, that's why I'd like to base it on his character, only back in the middle ages.

I'm choosing Scotland for his home place...actually the western Paladin lived at the Carelton Hotel in San Fransico, and there is also one in Edinburgh.

Being from Felsenbau (german for Roxborough...and Roxborough getting it's name from one of the early settlers who came from Roxburgh, Scotland, naming his estate "Roxburgh" and the city taking that name but changed it to Roxsborough, which is also another spelling in Scotland for the site.)

Think that's all I'll post for now.

Sir John

Sir William:
Paladin...that's me.  :)

Sir Edward:

I remember Roxborough, up there in Philadelphia. We used to live there briefly back in the '70s. On Shalkop street.

Thorsteinn:

I live in Reno's twin city Sparks here in Nevada if you need me. The Donner Party Happened not 30 miles from here. Lake Tahoe or Virginia City is a 45 min drive away.

-Ivan

Sir John of Felsenbau:
PLus, if there were knights fighting knights in the movie, we'd need a large cast. But in the "Have Gun Will Travel" one episode was the monster of Cream Ridge....so a monster would really cut down on the cast. I have quite a few twists in the screenplay I'm working on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version