Main > The Library

Medieval movies?

(1/22) > >>

Leganoth:
Anyone recommend any movies?

ive seen iron clad  and wildhunt already. arn the templar knight didnt have subtitles so i gave up on that

Sir William:
Get the US DVD version and it will; you will of course have to turn it on, though.  You should browse the threads in the Library subforums...a number of medieval movies, with small synopses, have already been discussed.  I'll bet there's at least 50 you've never heard of in general, I know this because there's at least that many that I have not yet seen.

Sir James A:
Yep, we have a thread listing a bunch of movies, include some that aren't "medieval" but still involve swords, or armor, or knightly aspects such as Van Helsing or Ironman or Red Belt.

Thorsteinn:
13th Warrior!

I hear Kingdom of Heaven (directors cut) is pretty good too.

And I must admit a soft spot for Knights Tale.

Pre-medieval I must really recommend HBO's Rome.

Sir William:
My cousin and I just finished watching Rome, all 22 episodes.  What a spectacular show on a grand scale...they strove for authenticity in everything, and it showed.

KoH: Director's Cut is much better than the version they play on cable tv...makes much more sense and flows better.

13th Warrior: great movie in my book, same with Knight's Tale...they're just good swashbuckling style movies.

Might I also recommend, pre-medieval:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (prequel)

If you liked the movie 300, you're gonna love this show.  The kill shots are freakin AWESOME, and the fighting is suitably visceral.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version