Main > The Library

Medieval movies?

<< < (8/22) > >>

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir William on 2012-02-03, 22:36:46 ---I figured as much...Hollywood will always get its way, no?  The changes made (I have read the synopsis of the movie a few times so I know what to expect) don't take away from the novel imho, but I will reserve commentary until after I've viewed it.  Kinda excited, I am.

--- End quote ---

Well, I saw the movie, twice.  I wish I had seen it first, THEN read the book...I would've come away twice as happy.  Still...the movie was pretty good; I'm guessing due to budget constraints they couldn't do justice to the temporal aspects of the book so they turned it into a transporter-style (think Trek, not Jason Statham) time machine.

Also, certain of the characters' backgrounds were changed to suit the actors hired for the parts...Marek in particular; in the novels he is a Dutch professor of antiquity, skilled in horsemanship and sword, spoke French, Latin, Occitan and Middle English.  In the movie he's a Scot, and speaks only the Queen's English.  Minor quibbles, such as they are.

Thorsteinn:
This Robin Hood, if you can find it, is the best one.

"Forgive me Father for I have sinned a lot and I'm doing it again. I apologize, the steel is cold, it couldn't be helped. Today there will be a special collection for a Saint 'Robin'"

Sir Wolf:
ya that one always was my favorite too.

Sir William:
I just saw that version recently...I thought it was pretty good.

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: RauttSkegg on 2012-03-21, 04:35:10 ---This Robin Hood, if you can find it, is the best one.

"Forgive me Father for I have sinned a lot and I'm doing it again. I apologize, the steel is cold, it couldn't be helped. Today there will be a special collection for a Saint 'Robin'"

--- End quote ---

That one is "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version