Main > The Armoury

The "Albion" sword, by Albion

<< < (7/9) > >>

Sir Wolf:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-05-13, 09:01:12 ---You are going to bring it with you sometime during one of our demos right? I promise not to drool on it.  ;)

--- End quote ---

liar!!!!

Sir James A:

--- Quote from: Sir Edward on 2012-05-13, 04:36:03 ---Thanks :)

Close-up of the hilt:

--- End quote ---

Wow, that is much more bronze/brass than the other pictures look. Very nice! The classic black wire wrap w/bronze fittings reminds me of the 'classic' excalibur.

Sir Edward:

I think that can be arranged. :)

It handles surprisingly well for being a "movie sword", but it's definitely on the heavy side. The blade is fairly thick at the base, and there's no fuller. The heavy pommel and a good distal taper do help to keep it balanced, and the center of gravity is actually fairly close to the guard. So you don' t notice the weight until you start swinging it.

Joshua Santana:

--- Quote ---It handles surprisingly well for being a "movie sword", but it's definitely on the heavy side. The blade is fairly thick at the base, and there's no fuller. The heavy pommel and a good distal taper do help to keep it balanced, and the center of gravity is actually fairly close to the guard. So you don' t notice the weight until you start swinging it.
--- End quote ---

Very interesting, I sort of figured that would be the case given with the specification you gave.  But I am surprised none the less.   :)

Sir William:
That is a good look on you, Sir Edward.  What material are your pants made of?  Is that leather?  Love the sword, but you'd known that would happen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version