Main > The Armoury

Name of your Sword

<< < (20/31) > >>

SirNathanQ:
Don't worry Lord Dane, I'm the last to apologize for that!  ;D

Sir Brian:
Huzzah! I got an email this morning from Albion that my Talhoffer, Auge Beißer will be shipped out today and I should have it by Wednesday…two days before I leave for CRF and proudly display it along with my fancy scabbard!  ;D

Sir Edward:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-11-05, 15:41:09 ---Huzzah! I got an email this morning from Albion that my Talhoffer, Auge Beißer will be shipped out today and I should have it by Wednesday…two days before I leave for CRF and proudly display it along with my fancy scabbard!  ;D

--- End quote ---

I think we're going to need to see some pictures. Huzzah!

Sir William:

--- Quote from: Sir Brian on 2012-11-05, 15:41:09 ---Huzzah! I got an email this morning from Albion that my Talhoffer, Auge Beißer will be shipped out today and I should have it by Wednesday…two days before I leave for CRF and proudly display it along with my fancy scabbard!  ;D

--- End quote ---

Auge Beiber...that Justin's little brother?  ;)

"Pics or it didn't happen" - attributed to Sir Wolf

Sir Brian:
Proof of Auge Beißer lives!  ;D

I had a few moments of panic when I tried it in the scabbard and it stopped about 1.5 inches from fully seating in the scabbard!  :o
I then had a second panic attack when I was steadily pushing the blade further into the scabbard and I heard a heart-stopping *CRACK*!! :o
I pulled the blade free and inspected the scabbard and there wasn't any visible crack through the leather covering and reasoned that the tightness of the leather covering and the long time the scabbard laid around without a blade it had become a bit more constricted so I worked with it and now it sheaths all the way in but it is still a bit snug. I'll have to work it some more and then maybe add some more gun oil to the blade...now all you guys can get your minds out of the gutter!  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version