Main > The Armoury

Name of your Sword

(1/31) > >>

Sir Brian:
A comment made by Stormdelver over in the Sword Etching topic inspired me to start this new topic.

--- Quote from: Stormdelver on 2011-06-30, 17:37:06 ---...
One thing I believe is that a true sword has a soul, and deserves a name. It is importaint I think, to know who forged it, what kind of a person they are/were, and that a sword presentation is a unique ceremony that should be significant to the knight and sword. Ok that sounds weird but a sword was far more than a chunk of steel and would be treated as such.

--- End quote ---

What would you name your favorite sword, whether it’s a wall hanger or your favorite practice blade, what name would you deem worthy for your steel?  ;)

I would like to name my soon to own Albion: Seelenspalter which according to the google translator is German for Soul Cleaver.  :P

Sir Wulf:
I was taught that you don't go into battle with a stranger. My first blade was Whysper. My M16A2 in the Corps was Arlene. Currently I have Faylinn (the Malatesta), Krig Tispe (War Bitch/my short sword), Ygg (Terror/my large bearded axe), Fiende-Murdor (Foe-Slayer/my bearded battle axe), Gut Ripper (my Philippine war axe), and Betsy (my tact shotgun).

SirNathanQ:
Von Gottesmund

In German it translates to Of God's Mouth
I plan to use it as the name for my Darksword Armoury sword I ordered about an hour ago.

BTW, meanings? Mines from the Book of Revalations, chapter 19

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
[13] And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
[14] And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
[15] And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Sir Brian:

--- Quote from: Sir Wulf on 2011-07-03, 16:49:03 ---I was taught that you don't go into battle with a stranger. My first blade was Whysper. My M16A2 in the Corps was Arlene. Currently I have Faylinn (the Malatesta), Krig Tispe (War Bitch/my short sword), Ygg (Terror/my large bearded axe), Fiende-Murdor (Foe-Slayer/my bearded battle axe), Gut Ripper (my Philippine war axe), and Betsy (my tact shotgun).

--- End quote ---

All of them are excellent names for your battle best friend Sir Wulf! I named my M16 "Betty Lou" after the Bob Seger Song "Betty Lou is getting out tonight" :)

--- Quote from: SirNathanQ on 2011-07-04, 02:23:25 ---Von Gottesmund
In German it translates to Of God's Mouth
--- End quote ---
Excellent name for your sword Sir Nathan and very appropriate to your personae! :)

SirNathanQ:
I know, it just seemed to fit perfectly   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version