Main > The Armoury

Name of your Sword

<< < (21/31) > >>

Sir Brian:
Last two pictures...:)

Note the shade of green on the grip is nearly a perfect match of the scabbard's green! :)

Sir James A:
Huzzah! A very wonderful blade and scabbard indeed! Congratulations!

Sir Edward:
Wow, fantastic!

Just don't get too enthusiastic about that lubricated working of the blade there... :)

It's possible you got a really small split in the wood or in the seam that will be held together by the leather and not cause a problem. I wouldn't worry too much if you can't find anything obvious.

Sir William:
Wow, he really did a great job with the scabbard- loving the griffin!  I'm with Sir Edward, most likely a seam got separated- if you push the blade in til you get to that point, put your finger around that area and look and feel for any movement under the leather near the point of the scabbard, you might then catch it, so to speak.  I can't tell if you have a metal or leather chape- if its leather, you'll have a better chance of feeling that separation but either way, you should be good.  The chape will keep that section of the scabbard intact.

Joshua Santana:
Well this is late and out of context of the previous discussion. 

I penned a new name for my Sword.

"Malta's Hope" 

The idea stemmed from me reading the accounts of the Siege of Malta in 1565.  Plus the sword is this:

This is how the name fits with a Middle 16th Century/Renaissance Sword.

I even named my future Square Target in which I call it:

"Vienna's Refuge"  once again inspired from the Siege of Vienna in 1510.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version